Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Nice Car!!
By Mik

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 186,000 miles on my Corolla and the only thing that has gone wrong is the headlight bulbs burned out at about 100,000 miles. That was a $10 dollar fix I did myself. I give it regular maintenance and it runs like a champ. Great gas mileage and EXTREMELY reliable. Again, 186,000 trouble free miles!!! That is no joke.

Reliability.

5 star side crash test rating would be nice.

Corolla will last forever
By MG

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Corolla 5 years ago and in that time I put 225000 km on it. I have not once had a problem with it. With the 5-speed it is fun to drive and super reliable! Unfortunately I got in an accident with it and it was written-off. Now it's so hard to find a second-hand Corolla with low KMs.

Great gas mileage, comes well equiped for a base model.

Switch dash lights to different color.

Gas Relief! -- The Sequel
By opie

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 5.5 years and 105000 miles, I can proudly say that I have had absolutely no problems with this car! I have changed the serpentine belt, brakes and tires and that is it. It even has the original battery. Absolutely flawless reliability. I will never buy any other brand! And yes, I can still get 40+ miles per gallon on the highway. Thanks Toyota -- you made a believer out of me!

Fantastic MPGs, comfortable seats, amazing reliability, smooth and quiet ride, large trunk

Center armrest is hard as a brick, paint chips fairly easily, needs trunk button on key ring

2003 Toyota Corolla LE
By brian

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the best cars in the world for the price and more. I love my Corolla. Turns on a dime, great gas mileage avg 25-27 mpg at speeds of 80-90 all the time. Over 6 yrs ownership, and oil changes and tire rotations are your only maintenance items needed. Excellent ride, great interior, lots extras, @ 74,000 miles it still feels new, with new tires and struts, this will feel like a brand new car. Everyone that drives in my car, complements it in one way or another. Compare it to any car out there and it can compete. Better reliability than a BMW or Mercedes for half the money.

Heater vents to the rear seats, that's Mercedes quality. Outside temp gauge, dual antennae, awesome a/c, decent trunk, easy to maintain.

Smoother functioning switches on the heater/ac. rear disc brakes would be nice, although the drum brakes work fine.

Great value for the money!
By terrib

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '03 Corolla used with 87,000 miles on it. I am a Home Health nurse and needed an inexpensive, reliable car with good gas mileage and a roomy trunk. This Corolla has met all my needs and then some. I have fallen in love with this car. I spend hours a day in it, minimum 500-600 miles a week in all kinds of conditions and weather and this car has not let me down yet. I now have 123,000 miles on it and plan to drive it another 120,000 +. No mechanical issues. I have only performed maintenance: replaced filters, tires, brakes, spark plugs, as well as oil changes every 3000 miles and transmission service. One small problem,have blown a fuse twice from using plug in to charge laptop computer.

Fuel economy averages 33 mpg, about 50/50 city/highway. Handles superb.Trunk room,interior room. Good looking car. Extra nooks/cubbyholes for storage. Absolute dependability. You really get a lot of car for the money- a real value. It will last and last if taken care of. Did I mention 33 mpg?!?!

Sunvisor hits rearview mirror. Blows fuses easily when using plug in charger. My carpet was already worn and pulling away when I bought it at 4 years old.

• SUV