2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Happy So Far
By Frugal Buyer on 05/30/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After my first full tank of gas, my mileage was 36.79 mpg (20% city, 80% hwy, w/ac; also, I bought used at 50k). Very happy. Handles well. More than adequate acceleration. Replaced a 92 Camry that I got 266k out of. Thanks Toyota.

2003 Toyota Corolla review
By Mike D. on 05/12/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Toyota Corolla LE has been an above average vehicle, but it has had several problems. The keyless entry stopped working around 60,000 miles and the trunk latch busted around 70,000 miles. Then at 80,118 miles my catalytic converter had to be replaced at a cost of $1400. The emissions warranty expired at 80,000 miles and Toyota refused to help me with the cost. I expected a better vehicle and better customer service from Toyota. Overall it has been an above average car, but the quality issues and the service issues must be improved.

A "haywagon" ride
By Albert Bacter on 02/22/07 19:35 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Exceptional reliability. A joy to drive, with 'distance' gas milage in the low 30's m/g. This model gives a very bumpy ride, as if the tires were grossly over- inflated. With 15" wheels, it is a ppor ride. The tires (Firestone) this model came with were "ride-ranked" the lowest of 32 others that would fit the wheel (by tirerack)

College Student
By Mike on 01/25/07 10:12 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2003 Carolla used from a dealership in upstate NY. It had 72,000 miles on it and since I have been driving it i've put on 3,000 more miles and it sounds like new. I bought it as a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle also which makes me feel more comfortable.

Why we own two of them!
By sstv on 01/21/07 11:59 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my corolla after driving my son around in his for 3 months (broken leg). It was so easy to handle and to park.

A great second car.
By Joe Z on 01/18/07 16:19 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I turn on the ignation and it starts at once,never a failure so far.Great gas milage.Installed new tires at 43000 miles. Not so good features: A hard ride and could be less noisy.Over all, a great value.

Good Car
By George Mcfly on 01/14/07 17:51 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good commuter car, holds 4 people with not trouble.

A baby Lexus?
By Larry on 01/09/07 21:37 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Corolla. The first was a 1998. As good as the 1998 Corolla was the 2003 was like night and day - fantastic. The car is solid, reliable, handles very well and has a good pick up. The charted overall mileage since 8-02 is slightly below 28.5 mpg. The car has a good sound system. The layout is user friendly. The car has held its value over the years far better, I would say, than anything American in that price range.

I love Lola!
By Katherine on 12/21/06 09:35 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Lola, my Corolla, has been an awesome car. No maintenance issues at all. I drive her 60+ miles per day and only fill up every 5 days. Glad I went for the LE, it feels like a much fancier car than I paid for! Plenty of room for passengers and cargo. Love the dashboard look, too. And it's got plenty of get up and go for my needs so far.

Sold on Toyota
By Sold on Toyota on 12/18/06 14:25 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the first year of the current generation of Corollas, which isn't always a good idea. It is our first Toyota, and it won't be our last. In just under four years, we have had NO problems with the Corolla, except replacing the tires after just 20,000 miles. It holds four family members (two teenagers, not children) and all our luggage on our non-camping vacations. Unlike one of the other reviewers, our paint looks great. We may never buy anything but a Toyota again.