Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Best everyday car
By DTM

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's comfy and has low fuel requirement. It's cheap and yet reliable. It's also beautiful! What is strange though is that it feels like you're driving a bigger car while in it. I don't need more when I go to work or need to go from point A to point B. The 2003 Corolla also has this "solid" feel to it. The dashboard is very well laid out and easy to use! Friends compliment me on how much space and comfort they have while sitting in the rear seats. Great value overall! Great to go to work and great to go golfing on weekends!

Power doors, power mirrors, fuel economy, comfy ride and reliability.

Standard power windows.

Best Compact Car of the Era
By Venkata

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Best Compact Car of the Era. Very simple and affordable

Elevation - exterior appearance Wood Trim - Interior appearance

Not sure on name of it but I think sun light gaurd should be big enough to stop the light rays.

Rotten Egg Smell Doesn't go away
By Neal Patwari

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

To the reviewer who said that the rotten egg smell would go away after 5000 miles - no, I'm sorry to say, it doesn't. This smell now stinks up my car every single time I drive it, 15000 miles later. I'm very disappointed that Toyota continues to deny the problem even though consumers have been complaining for years. Although I'm otherwise happy with my vehicle, they might as well sell the car with dead fish in them, as good as it smells.

Only keeping the 'interior air flow' button pressed, and closing my windows, will prevent the smell.

Clear the air. Allow the driver's seat to go back a couple more inches.

A Very Sweet Ride
By Xeos131

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Before I actually purchased my Corolla, I did extensive research on every car in it's class. Let me tell you, I made the right choice. This was my first car, and I wanted it to be a car that would be economic yet sporty, and fun yet safe, not to mention reliable. So far, my cute Corolla S hasn't disappointed me yet. It has gotten head turn after head turn, and all my friends love it. If you are thinking about getting this car, do it! None of its classmates come close, in my opinion, at least.

I love the sporty look, compared to earlier Corollas. The sunroof is a lifesaver here in Arizona. The stereo is pretty good, if not awesome.

I would have liked to have had a mutli- CD option for the In-Dash CD Player, or even a MP3 deck. The other thing I would have liked to have seen whoule have been a dial control for the sunroof, like seen in the VWs. It would just have made it easier.

Great ride
By jonll2

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 94 Corolla just died with 250,000 miles. This new model needs a bit more power. And the driver side sunvisor is to long and it hits my rear view mirror. Other than that the car is great and fun to drive. Oh yeah the tires it came with needs to be upgreaded. It came with Firestone.

White instrument panel, smooth ride, very nice interior.

Needs more power and needs to come with better tires.