Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Rotten Egg Smell Doesn't go away
By Neal Patwari

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

To the reviewer who said that the rotten egg smell would go away after 5000 miles - no, I'm sorry to say, it doesn't. This smell now stinks up my car every single time I drive it, 15000 miles later. I'm very disappointed that Toyota continues to deny the problem even though consumers have been complaining for years. Although I'm otherwise happy with my vehicle, they might as well sell the car with dead fish in them, as good as it smells.

Favorite Features

Only keeping the 'interior air flow' button pressed, and closing my windows, will prevent the smell.

Suggested Improvements

Clear the air. Allow the driver's seat to go back a couple more inches.

A Very Sweet Ride
By Xeos131

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Before I actually purchased my Corolla, I did extensive research on every car in it's class. Let me tell you, I made the right choice. This was my first car, and I wanted it to be a car that would be economic yet sporty, and fun yet safe, not to mention reliable. So far, my cute Corolla S hasn't disappointed me yet. It has gotten head turn after head turn, and all my friends love it. If you are thinking about getting this car, do it! None of its classmates come close, in my opinion, at least.

Favorite Features

I love the sporty look, compared to earlier Corollas. The sunroof is a lifesaver here in Arizona. The stereo is pretty good, if not awesome.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked to have had a mutli- CD option for the In-Dash CD Player, or even a MP3 deck. The other thing I would have liked to have seen whoule have been a dial control for the sunroof, like seen in the VWs. It would just have made it easier.

Great ride
By jonll2

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 94 Corolla just died with 250,000 miles. This new model needs a bit more power. And the driver side sunvisor is to long and it hits my rear view mirror. Other than that the car is great and fun to drive. Oh yeah the tires it came with needs to be upgreaded. It came with Firestone.

Favorite Features

White instrument panel, smooth ride, very nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power and needs to come with better tires.

Exactly what I was looking for!
By rockdaddy

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I set out looking for a new car that had four doors, looked sporty, was great to drive, was going to be reliable, economical, and affordable. After driving a couple of the other contenders I finally arrived to test drive the Corrolla S. What a drive! Toyota made a really great car here. I feel like I'm driving a car that I should have paid a lot more for.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design and quality. Suprisingly comfortable and roomy inside. Bottom line - hands down the best value in this class.

Suggested Improvements

The S model should be able to option for more beef under the hood.

PAINT CHIPS AND RUST AFTER 4 MONTHS
By tanya1130

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my corolla in Nov 2002 and after 4 months i have noticed about a hundred paint chips all over my hood and along the sides of my car... This is my second toyota to date and i have never in my life seen such a disaster.. The dealer says it is normal wear and tear... Is anyone else having this problem??? Oh ya, and now i am noticing rusting spots... Tanya -MA

Favorite Features

comfortable seats and fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

the quality of paint needs to be improved tremedously...