Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Just your average Corolla
By Toyota Man

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car blows around on the highway when there is wind. You have to keep 2 hands on the wheel. I have the sunroof on my LE and when you pull back the cover it rattles. Good gas milage, good pick up for a Corolla.

Favorite Features

Sun roof. You need the sunroof with this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Beter Stereo

Wanna love it but I don't....
By corolladude

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Problems galore since I got it a year ago...suspension brackets replaced, interior panels replaced due to noises. Currently, front dash buzzes and rattles, instrumentation panel buzzes, car lurches forward when at a stoplight, weird horn like noise when reversing, rust spot forming on roof! Ridiculous for this to happen to a toyota! I wanna sell it already...

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, smooth ride, dependable.

Suggested Improvements

Shoddy paint, too many buzzes and rattles, not solid after driving for one year.Be careful folks...test drive and listen to your corolla!

Just your average Corolla
By toyota man

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Favorite Features

Sun roof. You need the sunroof with this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Beter Stereo

Best buy for my money
By audit26

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I compared several cars before I decided on the corolla. I got more for my money than I would have with the other ones I was considering. I had a 99 Monte Carlo and selling realestate it was hard for my clients to get in and out of the back seat and the gas mileage was another issue not a fuel efficent car. Now I have both fuel efficent car, plus style.

Favorite Features

I like everything about the car. Very easy for me to handle and park. Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Have the driver side seat to have more options for adjustment. Since I am under 5'2" another notch in height would be nice, but I do fine like it is.

Watch the wind.
By Davkuy

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned a Toyota in the past, and felt comfortable buying another, after having owned a 99 Neon. I bought a stylish looking 03 Corolla, and was not disapointed... Until I drove it home. I commute 164 miles a day round trip on a highway that is quite windy year round. I hit a wind gust of about 35 and it blew me a lane over. Holding onto the wheel (which could be a foot closer to the driver) was a white knucled affair. Ordinarily this wouldnt be a problem, but putting 50000 miles a year on it, I need it to feel right. Unfortunately I had to return it and get my old car back. The car is just too tall for its wheelbase.

Favorite Features

Stylish Exterior and Fun toys to play with. S/A a twilight sensor, and a Better than average Radio.

Suggested Improvements

Either lower the car, or increase the wheelbase. Extend the Steering wheel out more.