Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Awesome little car!
By wellingtoncowboy

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car for my wife to drive to work because of her long commute. The great gas mileage is what caught our attention as well as the body style of the "S" model. We purchased the 5 speed and were pleasantly surprised by it's power. It's not a sports car by any means but it has good acceleration and reasonable handeling for a car in this price range. It is also very roomy and well built. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of room in any seat. I would recommend this car highly to anyone looking looking for a good all around small sedan. Buy the 5 speed and you will be very satisfied with this little jewel.

Tremendous fuel economy(averaging 39mpg). Peppy and responsive engine with the 5 speed. Exterior styling. Overall build quality. Good interior roominess.

Lower center of gravity with wider tires for stability. Better stereo system. The signal on the radio gets lost too easily. Placement of the speakers requires high volume to get decent sound quality.

I've been converted...
By KSJayhawk

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a lot of time to buy a car, and I'm loyal to Japan, Honda in particular because I'd had an '88 Civic that was frugally equipped but loads of fun to drive and extremely reliable. Disappointed with some Honda test drives, I looked more closely at Subaru and Toyota, and noticed that the ever- conservative Corolla was redesigned and affordable for me. Did lots of research, which led to a test drive and purchase. I'm not easily impressed, but this car has impressed me, and of all the cars I test drove, it was the only one I felt really comfortable in.

Great interior, S body cladding makes it look less tippy, white face gauges, huge trunk. Perky engine (130hp is 38 more hp than my Civic), nice shifter, good gas mileage. No sulfur smell (fingers crossed).

Seat fabric that clings less to pet hair, pocket on back of passenger seat for maps, etc., felt-lined change box.

Wanna love it but I don't....
By corolladude

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Problems galore since I got it a year ago...suspension brackets replaced, interior panels replaced due to noises. Currently, front dash buzzes and rattles, instrumentation panel buzzes, car lurches forward when at a stoplight, weird horn like noise when reversing, rust spot forming on roof! Ridiculous for this to happen to a toyota! I wanna sell it already...

Good gas mileage, smooth ride, dependable.

Shoddy paint, too many buzzes and rattles, not solid after driving for one year.Be careful folks...test drive and listen to your corolla!

Just your average Corolla
By toyota man

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car blows around on the highway when there is wind. You have to keep 2 hands on the wheel. I have the sunroof on my LE and when you pull back the cover it rattles. Good gas milage, good pick up for a Corolla.

Sun roof. You need the sunroof with this vehicle.

Beter Stereo

Just your average Corolla
By Toyota Man

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Sun roof. You need the sunroof with this vehicle.

Beter Stereo