2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Great car
By Keven on 05/25/08 22:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Loved this car. Bought it brand new. There was no other compact sedan as stylish as this at the time. Car felt much more expensive than it actually was. I totalled the car less than a year after having it. Ran head on into a telephone pole due to road conditions. Airbag deployed, I was completely fine. From inside the vehicle you would have never known it was wrecked (except the airbag and cracked windshield). Very solid!

Corolla Not What it Once Was
By Chris on 04/18/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Corolla new in June 2002, and it has been plagued with quality issues from the start - a major surprise as I thought Toyota was known for its reliability. Some of these issues are minor but annoying (my center console door broke after a few months and won't close, and my dashboard fuses have blown twice). However, the engine started leaking at 40,000 miles, a $400 fix. Most disappointingly, I had to completely replace the power steering rack at 80,000 miles for $1100. Also, the serpentine belt needed replacing at 50,000 miles ($200) and now, at 90,000 miles, I'm told it needs replacing again. I won't buy another Toyota

Best Compact Car
By Robt Cobb on 02/02/08 04:40 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 103000 miles on my 03 LE Corolla. This LE will last 400,000 miles just by changing the trans fluid every 10,000 ml, oil at 3,000 ml, spark-plugs at 10-15 months. Tires when worn. The higher wheel base keeps the car from scarping the curb. You can also repair (or find mechanics to repair this car) very cheaply! With premium or high octane gas I get 34cty/40hwy. And I drive at speeds of 70+mph! The speakers are fine but I hate the lame radio/DVD which is too hard to swap out and the space doesn't accommodate any of the popular MP3 players! The larger headlights are a welcomed improvement. The higher door and head room is a great improvement for my bike and computer stuff.

Why Corolla is The Most Reliable
By Robt-Cobb on 01/21/08 19:27 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 103000 miles on my 03 LE Corolla. This LE will last 400,000 miles just by changing the trans fluid every 10,000 ml, oil at 3,000 ml, spark-plugs at 10-15 months. Tires when worn. The higher wheel base keeps the car from scraping the curb. You can also repair (or find mechanics to repair this car) very cheaply! With premium or high octane gas I get 34cty/40hwy. And I drive at speeds of 70+ mph! The speakers are fine but I hate the lame radio/DVD which is too hard to swap out! And the space doesn't accommodate any of the popular MP3 players! The larger headlights are a welcomed improvement. And the higher door and head room is a great improvement for my bike and computer stuff.

Excellent ride
By 44racing on 11/20/07 06:44 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car seems to handle great, and rides smooth for a small car. Has a fast 4 cylinder motor with enough torque and horsepower to get up to speed in heavy traffic. A great buy for the long commuter or college student who needs a dependable cost efficient ride.

A quick review
By We on 11/16/07 16:43 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A nice little car. The angle from the seat to the gas pedal seems a bit awkward and has a tendency to hurt my right knee after driving for more than 30 minutes or so. I may just be used to sitting higher in pickup trucks. The car has plenty of power and rides nicely.

Major problems with my car
By Brandy on 10/28/07 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Added on the 100,000 mi warranty and expected for features that had gone out to be fixed - not so. Had air conditioner problems from the time of purchase, has been worked on several times. I have learned to tap a box underneath the glovebox to get the air conditioner started at times. Power locks started going out at 40,000 mi. Eventually they all went out after the warranty expired and now I can't manually lock my doors on the driver's side. To get the power locks fixed will cost $2000-3000. Have replaced Toyota hub caps several times for about $80 dollars a piece. Plugged in a bottle warmer into the cigarette lighter, radio, dashboard features, and cigarette lighter fuse blew out.

CE 5spd
By bri on 10/13/07 23:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this used in Sept. 05 with 50K on it and now have over 114K on it. I haven't had a single issue with it. It's not flashy, but with the 5spd it's fairly peppy and fun to drive. Surprisingly roomy and easy riding on the highway. 36/38 mpg in the winter 40/42 in the summer, pretty much all highway miles.

Excellent Car
By ssiffermann on 06/15/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven many makes and models and this is by far my favorite! Easy to drive, lots of go, good on gas, easy to park. I highly recommend this car.

What a great car for the value!
By Reliable Car - Great on 06/05/07 22:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since 2002, I have 103,000 miles on it and I have had NO engine or other problems except in the beginning which the dealer fixed asap since it was just off their lot so no problems. Great space and room!