2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Finally
By NotoriousBUB on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I searched and searched for a 5spd and was told I could have one in 2 weeks. Needless to say 34 days later my car arrived. It is everything I hoped it would be. We included some upgrades like custom sport leather interior (aftermarket) and the available cruise control and power package. And though I test drove every car on the market in this price range, the Corolla S puts them all to shame. Ford really needs to step up there build quality and Honda (Civic)though an excellent buy is certainly due for a makeover. The Corolla S 5spd If you can find one is a great DEAL.

First Toyota...won't be last.
By RSS on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, THE nicest car I have ever owned. It looks and feels like a Lexus and drives as well as my father's 2000 Avalon. I would even go so far as to say that it is as quiet, refined and as outstanding to drive as a Cadillac! It's still in Toyota's bizarre "do not exceed 55 mph for the first 1000 miles" break-in period, so I can't really say much about its performance beyond the fact that it certainly seems willing enough...but my 5-speed Ford ZX2 will suck the headlights out of it. On the other hand, this Toyota will certainly hold its value better! It's a surprisingly large car to boot, and one doesn't feel the least bit penalized for not buying a Camry.

Very Nice
By Ben Williams on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

They really rebuilt the corolla s. It's an awesome sports package with the feel of a family car. Very impressed

Wispy little car, but how about a turbo!
By bkcox on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

You know, I truly love this new corolla. I never liked the Corolla model until the 2003 where there was a huge improvement in just about every area except the engine. The only thing I would love more would to have a turbo on this thing and some more horsepower. Think of the Subuaru Impreza WRX. 200+ horsepower out of a 4 cylinder engine and still good gas mileage. Please, please, please Toyota!

Just got it & lovin it
By Tammie on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I read EDMUND reviews before buying the 2003 Corolla and saw all the comments about the sun visor hitting the mirror. FYI - there is nothing wrong with the sun visor hitting the mirror. The mirror has 2 joints you can adjust. One attaches mirror to arm and arm to windshield. Move the arm of the mirror 1/4 inch to the right and you are good to go! Hope this helps!

My new Baby!
By dacia on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I just upgraded from a 2000 honda civic and I have ne regrets. It sit's much higher and is easier to get in and out of. I really need that since I just had knee surgery 6 months ago and it was so hard to get in and out of my civic. I love the new body style and it rides great.

what an improvement!
By matt jones on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i am amazed at the new corolla! it really drives like a $20-25,000 car. very smooth on take off and quiet out on the highway. i think this car is a steal at $14-16,000. it looks great and the stereo is rich and clear. the manual transmission is really smooth and has good pep. i drove the sentra and the civic and while both were nice they really don't compare. why buy a camry?

CORONAS IN THE COROLLA
By tim morton on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

WHEN I FIRST SAW THE NEW COROLLA..I JUST HAD TO HAVE ONE..IT IS A SWEET LOOKING CAR AND EVERYWHERE I DRIVE PEOPLE ARE LOOKING AT IT..THEY CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS A COROLLA AND THEY CANNOT BELIEVE THE PRICE. I DO WISH IT HAD MORE HORSEPOWER..I HAVE THE S MODEL AND I LOVE IT..WOULD NOT TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD, WELL MAYBE A NEW 350Z..

Amazing car
By Whistler2 on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. The best in its class for sure. The other cars I tested (Civic, Protege, Sentra, Elantra, Focus) have nothing on this new Corolla. I highly reccomend it!

Awesome car
By R&A Anderson on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We choose this car after months of research,we made the best choice. It is mineral green which is not like most greens you see. It is more like a silver green. Nice and small on the out side, easy to park in the city but roomy inside and we had a moonroof installed that just topped it off. The only problem is only one of us can drive it at a time.