2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Serious Car problem
By Toyota corolla s on 03/03/09 07:08 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had my car only 6 months. It was a very clean and nice looking vehicle when I purchased it. I haven't had any problems with my car until the cruise control malfunction.

Nice Car!!
By Mik on 02/05/09 11:43 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 186,000 miles on my Corolla and the only thing that has gone wrong is the headlight bulbs burned out at about 100,000 miles. That was a $10 dollar fix I did myself. I give it regular maintenance and it runs like a champ. Great gas mileage and EXTREMELY reliable. Again, 186,000 trouble free miles!!! That is no joke.

Corolla will last forever
By MG on 09/07/08 13:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Corolla 5 years ago and in that time I put 225000 km on it. I have not once had a problem with it. With the 5-speed it is fun to drive and super reliable! Unfortunately I got in an accident with it and it was written-off. Now it's so hard to find a second-hand Corolla with low KMs.

Gas Relief! -- The Sequel
By opie on 08/01/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 5.5 years and 105000 miles, I can proudly say that I have had absolutely no problems with this car! I have changed the serpentine belt, brakes and tires and that is it. It even has the original battery. Absolutely flawless reliability. I will never buy any other brand! And yes, I can still get 40+ miles per gallon on the highway. Thanks Toyota -- you made a believer out of me!

2003 Toyota Corolla LE
By brian on 07/26/08 04:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the best cars in the world for the price and more. I love my Corolla. Turns on a dime, great gas mileage avg 25-27 mpg at speeds of 80-90 all the time. Over 6 yrs ownership, and oil changes and tire rotations are your only maintenance items needed. Excellent ride, great interior, lots extras, @ 74,000 miles it still feels new, with new tires and struts, this will feel like a brand new car. Everyone that drives in my car, complements it in one way or another. Compare it to any car out there and it can compete. Better reliability than a BMW or Mercedes for half the money.

Great value for the money!
By terrib on 07/25/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '03 Corolla used with 87,000 miles on it. I am a Home Health nurse and needed an inexpensive, reliable car with good gas mileage and a roomy trunk. This Corolla has met all my needs and then some. I have fallen in love with this car. I spend hours a day in it, minimum 500-600 miles a week in all kinds of conditions and weather and this car has not let me down yet. I now have 123,000 miles on it and plan to drive it another 120,000 +. No mechanical issues. I have only performed maintenance: replaced filters, tires, brakes, spark plugs, as well as oil changes every 3000 miles and transmission service. One small problem,have blown a fuse twice from using plug in to charge laptop computer.

Hockey dad
By james on 07/17/08 06:13 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good reliable, well made compact car that gets very good fuel economy. A couple of things that bother me having taken so many long trips: the seats are not very good and I use a cushion to make things more comfortable. The brakes are average at best and you have to plan your stops. The car is really not that quiet on the highway but it is an economy car. The engine works well but the last year is making a droning sound that we thought was coming from the front end or tires. I changed the tires and had the front end checked, but not luck. The body is starting to show signs of rust on the hood of all places. You clearly need winter tires for traction in the snow because the car is so light.

Great, reliable car
By nfonnesb on 07/03/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for over five years and haven't had one problem with it. It is snappy off the line and gets great gas mileage (32-34 mpg around town and 36-38 mpg on the highway). I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a safe, reliable car with good gas mileage.

Miss my great Corolla
By hurt and disgusted on 06/30/08 14:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car, meant to keep it many more years, until a drunk driver totaled it and left me without it. It was great on fuel economy, mostly highway driving, a great 35 to 37 mpg. It was comfortable and easy to handle, excellent braking. Reliability was excellent, nothing wrong in the 5 yrs I owned it. Now trying to find another comparable is turning into a nightmare, as prices have been hiked up for these great cars, and no 2003 or 04 models out there with low mileage.

I love my Toyota
By EV on 06/18/08 17:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 165000 and the only problem I had was the ac relay went out at 75000 ($200 at the dealer ). Everything on the car still works. I would not hesitate to purchase a Corolla..... FYI 5 spd