Used 2003 Toyota Corolla LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Corolla does it again
By cuwee

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2003 Corolla LE since it was brand new. It has been amazing car since day, today with 135k miles. I grew up with a 1992 Corolla that my mom owned and loved until the rust ate through it.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is its a Toyota. It is very comfortable and the transmission is tough and can take a beating.

Suggested Improvements

About two years ago, the dash center console door broke and are unrepairable due to normal wear(to fix it, you need to replace half the center console).

Very efficient investment!!
By Buckadies

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 150K miles three years ago and currently pushing 165K trouble-free miles. Other than regular maintenance, this car is a well oiled machine that leads its way to water...good to go!!

Favorite Features

Leather interior, sunroof, CD and cassette player that actually sounds great, nice wheels make this bad boy look good!

Suggested Improvements

It is a tight fit for taller types.

Gas Relief! -- The Sequel
By opie

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 5.5 years and 105000 miles, I can proudly say that I have had absolutely no problems with this car! I have changed the serpentine belt, brakes and tires and that is it. It even has the original battery. Absolutely flawless reliability. I will never buy any other brand! And yes, I can still get 40+ miles per gallon on the highway. Thanks Toyota -- you made a believer out of me!

Favorite Features

Fantastic MPGs, comfortable seats, amazing reliability, smooth and quiet ride, large trunk

Suggested Improvements

Center armrest is hard as a brick, paint chips fairly easily, needs trunk button on key ring

2003 Toyota Corolla LE
By brian

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the best cars in the world for the price and more. I love my Corolla. Turns on a dime, great gas mileage avg 25-27 mpg at speeds of 80-90 all the time. Over 6 yrs ownership, and oil changes and tire rotations are your only maintenance items needed. Excellent ride, great interior, lots extras, @ 74,000 miles it still feels new, with new tires and struts, this will feel like a brand new car. Everyone that drives in my car, complements it in one way or another. Compare it to any car out there and it can compete. Better reliability than a BMW or Mercedes for half the money.

Favorite Features

Heater vents to the rear seats, that's Mercedes quality. Outside temp gauge, dual antennae, awesome a/c, decent trunk, easy to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother functioning switches on the heater/ac. rear disc brakes would be nice, although the drum brakes work fine.

Great value for the money!
By terrib

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '03 Corolla used with 87,000 miles on it. I am a Home Health nurse and needed an inexpensive, reliable car with good gas mileage and a roomy trunk. This Corolla has met all my needs and then some. I have fallen in love with this car. I spend hours a day in it, minimum 500-600 miles a week in all kinds of conditions and weather and this car has not let me down yet. I now have 123,000 miles on it and plan to drive it another 120,000 +. No mechanical issues. I have only performed maintenance: replaced filters, tires, brakes, spark plugs, as well as oil changes every 3000 miles and transmission service. One small problem,have blown a fuse twice from using plug in to charge laptop computer.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy averages 33 mpg, about 50/50 city/highway. Handles superb.Trunk room,interior room. Good looking car. Extra nooks/cubbyholes for storage. Absolute dependability. You really get a lot of car for the money- a real value. It will last and last if taken care of. Did I mention 33 mpg?!?!

Suggested Improvements

Sunvisor hits rearview mirror. Blows fuses easily when using plug in charger. My carpet was already worn and pulling away when I bought it at 4 years old.