2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Excellent reliability
By ITSME on 05/03/10 10:51 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of this car, I used to drive 1000 miles + per month in this car for about 2 years. I have not had one thing need maintenance, it is even on the original AC coolant. The only problems have been from other people dinging my car. Everything in the car still works great, just needs a tune up to improve power. With regular oil services and tire rotations, I have never had this car in any shop at all. Great purchase for reliability.

Serious Car problem
By Toyota corolla s on 03/03/09 07:08 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had my car only 6 months. It was a very clean and nice looking vehicle when I purchased it. I haven't had any problems with my car until the cruise control malfunction.

I love my Toyota
By EV on 06/18/08 17:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 165000 and the only problem I had was the ac relay went out at 75000 ($200 at the dealer ). Everything on the car still works. I would not hesitate to purchase a Corolla..... FYI 5 spd

Great car
By Keven on 05/25/08 22:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Loved this car. Bought it brand new. There was no other compact sedan as stylish as this at the time. Car felt much more expensive than it actually was. I totalled the car less than a year after having it. Ran head on into a telephone pole due to road conditions. Airbag deployed, I was completely fine. From inside the vehicle you would have never known it was wrecked (except the airbag and cracked windshield). Very solid!

Excellent ride
By 44racing on 11/20/07 06:44 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car seems to handle great, and rides smooth for a small car. Has a fast 4 cylinder motor with enough torque and horsepower to get up to speed in heavy traffic. A great buy for the long commuter or college student who needs a dependable cost efficient ride.

Excellent Car
By ssiffermann on 06/15/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven many makes and models and this is by far my favorite! Easy to drive, lots of go, good on gas, easy to park. I highly recommend this car.

LOOKING FORWARD TO 150K
By Jeff F on 08/21/06 04:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am enjoying the heck out out my Corolla. I had to tap the gas gauge to make sure it was working I just got over 400 miles to a tank. Wow. I have the S model with manual transmission fun to drive.

Excellent
By tp13fox on 08/10/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Pros: If you are looking for a 1st New Car to buy or lease, I recommend the Corolla. The MPG can't be beat both on Highway and city. It has excellent carrying capacity which is surprising for a car this size. For a 4 cyl it is fast and lightweight which all contribute to fuel economy. Cons: Some people like the low-rider look with low fenders which the sport model features. Downside is it easily scratched on concrete parking blocks or dips especially exitting elevated parking.

Love It!!!!!
By LaShanda on 07/28/06 17:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my car. To me there are no drawbacks. It gets great mileage, looks good and is comfortable for me to drive and for others to ride.

Rattle, Squeak, Rattle, Squeak
By Nate1981 on 05/09/06 15:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, I have owned 3 Toyotas now and I cannot believe this one got past them. I bought this '03 Corolla in '05 with 40,000 miles on it. Only 5,000 miles after the sale the car began rattling in the dash. Then came the driver's door, and now the passenger door. This car rattles so bad it rivals my 1999 Oldsmobile that I traded in with 110,000 miles. Other than that the car is super great on gas. My best rating was 47 MPG on a trip to Wisconsin. I average 33 MPG city/highway (mostly highway). The car is super agile and can cut through traffic with ease. The brakes are very strong & the suspension is great! If only it had more power. Oh well, it's great for an economy car!