2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Good amigo car
By gpjr on 10/19/09 20:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 217k on my car, I commute to my job I do the maintenance on this vehicle myself, iridium plugs, serpentine belt, oil changes ac relay at 153k $90 at the dealers. I was a mechanic in the service, so not a problem, tires at 50k intervals, I put aftermarket rims on it after I lost a few hubcaps on the road, this vehicle has been a great investment and good amigo.

Disappointment
By dan kramar on 05/17/09 18:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Having bought Toyota in the past and knowing of corolla reliability and fuel economy we purchased ours used from a dealer with 60000kms on it. I drive all highway. It has cost us a transmission rebuild (it's a manual) for differential bearings and now tranny won't shift into fourth all the time. Wheel bearings go quickly and car is so loud from wheel/bearing noise you have to yell to be heard. I'm done with Toyota.

Nice Car!!
By Mik on 02/05/09 11:43 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 186,000 miles on my Corolla and the only thing that has gone wrong is the headlight bulbs burned out at about 100,000 miles. That was a $10 dollar fix I did myself. I give it regular maintenance and it runs like a champ. Great gas mileage and EXTREMELY reliable. Again, 186,000 trouble free miles!!! That is no joke.

Corolla will last forever
By MG on 09/07/08 13:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Corolla 5 years ago and in that time I put 225000 km on it. I have not once had a problem with it. With the 5-speed it is fun to drive and super reliable! Unfortunately I got in an accident with it and it was written-off. Now it's so hard to find a second-hand Corolla with low KMs.

Hockey dad
By james on 07/17/08 06:13 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good reliable, well made compact car that gets very good fuel economy. A couple of things that bother me having taken so many long trips: the seats are not very good and I use a cushion to make things more comfortable. The brakes are average at best and you have to plan your stops. The car is really not that quiet on the highway but it is an economy car. The engine works well but the last year is making a droning sound that we thought was coming from the front end or tires. I changed the tires and had the front end checked, but not luck. The body is starting to show signs of rust on the hood of all places. You clearly need winter tires for traction in the snow because the car is so light.

Great, reliable car
By nfonnesb on 07/03/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for over five years and haven't had one problem with it. It is snappy off the line and gets great gas mileage (32-34 mpg around town and 36-38 mpg on the highway). I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a safe, reliable car with good gas mileage.

CE 5spd
By bri on 10/13/07 23:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this used in Sept. 05 with 50K on it and now have over 114K on it. I haven't had a single issue with it. It's not flashy, but with the 5spd it's fairly peppy and fun to drive. Surprisingly roomy and easy riding on the highway. 36/38 mpg in the winter 40/42 in the summer, pretty much all highway miles.

What a great car for the value!
By Reliable Car - Great on 06/05/07 22:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since 2002, I have 103,000 miles on it and I have had NO engine or other problems except in the beginning which the dealer fixed asap since it was just off their lot so no problems. Great space and room!

Why we own two of them!
By sstv on 01/21/07 11:59 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my corolla after driving my son around in his for 3 months (broken leg). It was so easy to handle and to park.

Good Car
By George Mcfly on 01/14/07 17:51 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good commuter car, holds 4 people with not trouble.