2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Corolla does it again
By cuwee on 07/14/12 13:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2003 Corolla LE since it was brand new. It has been amazing car since day, today with 135k miles. I grew up with a 1992 Corolla that my mom owned and loved until the rust ate through it.

Very efficient investment!!
By Buckadies on 06/12/09 17:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 150K miles three years ago and currently pushing 165K trouble-free miles. Other than regular maintenance, this car is a well oiled machine that leads its way to water...good to go!!

Gas Relief! -- The Sequel
By opie on 08/01/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 5.5 years and 105000 miles, I can proudly say that I have had absolutely no problems with this car! I have changed the serpentine belt, brakes and tires and that is it. It even has the original battery. Absolutely flawless reliability. I will never buy any other brand! And yes, I can still get 40+ miles per gallon on the highway. Thanks Toyota -- you made a believer out of me!

2003 Toyota Corolla LE
By brian on 07/26/08 04:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the best cars in the world for the price and more. I love my Corolla. Turns on a dime, great gas mileage avg 25-27 mpg at speeds of 80-90 all the time. Over 6 yrs ownership, and oil changes and tire rotations are your only maintenance items needed. Excellent ride, great interior, lots extras, @ 74,000 miles it still feels new, with new tires and struts, this will feel like a brand new car. Everyone that drives in my car, complements it in one way or another. Compare it to any car out there and it can compete. Better reliability than a BMW or Mercedes for half the money.

Great value for the money!
By terrib on 07/25/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '03 Corolla used with 87,000 miles on it. I am a Home Health nurse and needed an inexpensive, reliable car with good gas mileage and a roomy trunk. This Corolla has met all my needs and then some. I have fallen in love with this car. I spend hours a day in it, minimum 500-600 miles a week in all kinds of conditions and weather and this car has not let me down yet. I now have 123,000 miles on it and plan to drive it another 120,000 +. No mechanical issues. I have only performed maintenance: replaced filters, tires, brakes, spark plugs, as well as oil changes every 3000 miles and transmission service. One small problem,have blown a fuse twice from using plug in to charge laptop computer.

Miss my great Corolla
By hurt and disgusted on 06/30/08 14:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car, meant to keep it many more years, until a drunk driver totaled it and left me without it. It was great on fuel economy, mostly highway driving, a great 35 to 37 mpg. It was comfortable and easy to handle, excellent braking. Reliability was excellent, nothing wrong in the 5 yrs I owned it. Now trying to find another comparable is turning into a nightmare, as prices have been hiked up for these great cars, and no 2003 or 04 models out there with low mileage.

Corolla Not What it Once Was
By Chris on 04/18/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Corolla new in June 2002, and it has been plagued with quality issues from the start - a major surprise as I thought Toyota was known for its reliability. Some of these issues are minor but annoying (my center console door broke after a few months and won't close, and my dashboard fuses have blown twice). However, the engine started leaking at 40,000 miles, a $400 fix. Most disappointingly, I had to completely replace the power steering rack at 80,000 miles for $1100. Also, the serpentine belt needed replacing at 50,000 miles ($200) and now, at 90,000 miles, I'm told it needs replacing again. I won't buy another Toyota

Best Compact Car
By Robt Cobb on 02/02/08 04:40 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 103000 miles on my 03 LE Corolla. This LE will last 400,000 miles just by changing the trans fluid every 10,000 ml, oil at 3,000 ml, spark-plugs at 10-15 months. Tires when worn. The higher wheel base keeps the car from scarping the curb. You can also repair (or find mechanics to repair this car) very cheaply! With premium or high octane gas I get 34cty/40hwy. And I drive at speeds of 70+mph! The speakers are fine but I hate the lame radio/DVD which is too hard to swap out and the space doesn't accommodate any of the popular MP3 players! The larger headlights are a welcomed improvement. The higher door and head room is a great improvement for my bike and computer stuff.

Why Corolla is The Most Reliable
By Robt-Cobb on 01/21/08 19:27 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 103000 miles on my 03 LE Corolla. This LE will last 400,000 miles just by changing the trans fluid every 10,000 ml, oil at 3,000 ml, spark-plugs at 10-15 months. Tires when worn. The higher wheel base keeps the car from scraping the curb. You can also repair (or find mechanics to repair this car) very cheaply! With premium or high octane gas I get 34cty/40hwy. And I drive at speeds of 70+ mph! The speakers are fine but I hate the lame radio/DVD which is too hard to swap out! And the space doesn't accommodate any of the popular MP3 players! The larger headlights are a welcomed improvement. And the higher door and head room is a great improvement for my bike and computer stuff.

A quick review
By We on 11/16/07 16:43 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A nice little car. The angle from the seat to the gas pedal seems a bit awkward and has a tendency to hurt my right knee after driving for more than 30 minutes or so. I may just be used to sitting higher in pickup trucks. The car has plenty of power and rides nicely.