Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 436 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Toyota Corolla is a little "workhorse"!
By Jp

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

What an all around great compact that will last 300,000 miles +.

An okay car.
By Rose Milton

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently bought this car. I've already had to replace the timing chain and catalytic converter. This car does have great gas mileage, 30 miles per gallon. It has comfy seats and is higher off the ground than other sedans of this era. However the paint is peeling off and the engine is horrible. If you want a commuter car that gets good gas mileage and don't mind having repairs this is the car for you.

It seems like it's going to run forever.
By Cliff

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a beast that just wants to keep going. 202,000 and I just had a number of wear & tear repairs but I think it's at the half life point roughly. Weather doesn't phase it and the rust is very minimal for a car I don't garage or baby in any way. Superb investment so glad I bought it new.

Best car ever!
By bonnieallen

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new off the lot and 12 years, and 250,000 miles later, still running like new! Very very minimal maintenance required for this car! i have barely done oil changes and only other repairs were replacing sway bar, a sensor that went at about 180k, and thats it! Even mechanics have told me that this is one of the best cars that toyota has put out and i very much believe that.

lots of room, steering is amazing

suspension system could be a little bit better.

biggest pos ever
By ryguy6

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the worst car I have ever owned I got it with 116k on it and it has nothing but break every few months since I got it power steering g rack and pinion tie rods tires starter the trunk broke fuses 3 batterys not to mention it gets terrible gas mileage my 95 astro got better mileage it has the turn radius of 1 ton dually cummins and sounds like crap the trannys almost blew up and it bounces around past 65 to were I won't go on the freeway with It I drive my 95 civic over it all the time not to mention how it accelerated full throttle at an intersection by its self and almost killed my family toyota needs to take responsibility for there crap cars I wouldn't recommend toyota.

The sound it will make when I trade the pos in.

Toyota should quit making vehicles.