Used 2003 Toyota Corolla S Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Yes. It seems like will run forever
By Lei

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

220,000 miles on it. Never maintenance, every 20,000 miles for one oil change, normal wheel bearings and brakes replacement at 200,000 miles. Never have problem.

Excellent reliability
By ITSME

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of this car, I used to drive 1000 miles + per month in this car for about 2 years. I have not had one thing need maintenance, it is even on the original AC coolant. The only problems have been from other people dinging my car. Everything in the car still works great, just needs a tune up to improve power. With regular oil services and tire rotations, I have never had this car in any shop at all. Great purchase for reliability.

still works great, comfortable ride even for a manual, looks good enough, lasts forever.

quieter cab would be nice.

Serious Car problem
By Toyota corolla s

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had my car only 6 months. It was a very clean and nice looking vehicle when I purchased it. I haven't had any problems with my car until the cruise control malfunction.

The seats are very comfortable and the car hugs the road very nicely. It's a smooth riding car. It's great on gas mileage. I like the thermometer on the dash for reading outside temperatures.

I had a very serious problem with my car. The cruise control malfunctioned. The brake pedal did not disengage the cruise control and the car accelerated. I was not able to stop the car. I had to ride my brakes until I was able to jump out of the car. This is a serious problem with TOYOTA!!!!!!!

I love my Toyota
By EV

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 165000 and the only problem I had was the ac relay went out at 75000 ($200 at the dealer ). Everything on the car still works. I would not hesitate to purchase a Corolla..... FYI 5 spd

Great gas mileage and low cost to maintain.

Interior integrity ( moving plastic parts )

Great car
By Keven

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Loved this car. Bought it brand new. There was no other compact sedan as stylish as this at the time. Car felt much more expensive than it actually was. I totalled the car less than a year after having it. Ran head on into a telephone pole due to road conditions. Airbag deployed, I was completely fine. From inside the vehicle you would have never known it was wrecked (except the airbag and cracked windshield). Very solid!

Gas mileage, stylish interior/exterior