2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
biggest pos ever
By ryguy6 on 09/02/14 18:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the worst car I have ever owned I got it with 116k on it and it has nothing but break every few months since I got it power steering g rack and pinion tie rods tires starter the trunk broke fuses 3 batterys not to mention it gets terrible gas mileage my 95 astro got better mileage it has the turn radius of 1 ton dually cummins and sounds like crap the trannys almost blew up and it bounces around past 65 to were I won't go on the freeway with It I drive my 95 civic over it all the time not to mention how it accelerated full throttle at an intersection by its self and almost killed my family toyota needs to take responsibility for there crap cars I wouldn't recommend toyota.

#1 hands down
By bmatte on 01/02/14 18:07 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car last year. had 64,000 mi on it. now has 72- not one issue yet, and im 28 w/ 5 speeding tickets.. so its needles to say that i run these things too the ground.. very impressed!!

is this the longest rotor on the road?
By madsy on 02/26/13 04:36 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in December 2002. Today (Feb 2013) the car is now 517,000 km. @ 420,000 km the strut was replaced. the right one started to leak. the other one is still ok but replaced as well as they needed to be replaced at the same time. @ 425,000 km. the front and rear wheel bearing on the driver's side were replaced. @ 475,000 km. the starter was replaced. @ 517,000 km. the sway bar link was replaced. others are just the normal maintenance like battery, oil changes, serpentine belt, transmission oil changes, air filter, cabin filters. The car drives like the day I drove it out of the dealership. The rest of the car is original...including the rotor. the car just starts and go in all weather

Best car i have had
By toyota1987 on 01/09/13 02:52 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car a long time without issues. the only thing i have replaced since i bought it was a starter. My car just hit 200,200 miles!!!

Corolla does it again
By cuwee on 07/14/12 13:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2003 Corolla LE since it was brand new. It has been amazing car since day, today with 135k miles. I grew up with a 1992 Corolla that my mom owned and loved until the rust ate through it.

Rock Solid
By ragged1234 on 04/16/12 22:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Ten years ago I bought my 2003 Corolla LE brand new, and it has been rock solid in terms of reliability. In the ten years I've owned this car (115,000 miles) I have had only one repair that was not usual wear-and-tear (air conditioner went out). Everything else has stood the test of time. So I give this car a 5 in terms of value, build quality, and reliability. As for performance, comfort, and fun to drive, the Corolla is admittedly not top-of-the-line (you're not going to win races with this thing or feel like you're sitting in a recliner), and gas mileage by today's standards isn't spectacular. But, I trust this thing just as much today as I did the day I bought it and that says something.

was good until after a year
By kevin1001 on 10/28/11 11:37 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i had the car for a year with 80,000 mile on it and everything was excellent for the first year. after the year past, my mpg just tanked on me and i was only getting 12 mpg. it got loud when i am driving on the highway, the rear speakers had static sounds. the brakes just sucked with the crappy ABS in it. then i got into my accident. the passenger seat belt didn't lock when my passenger side got hit, the airbag blew. then when they went back the seat belt lock. good car, but not good in accidents.

Not As Dependable As Is Widely Believed
By dethark on 06/08/11 18:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased my Corolla in March 2002. At this time (June 2011) there are 49800 miles on it. Here is every problem I've ever had with it over 9 years in chronological order: - steering wheel was slightly out of alignment, tilting to the left a bit; Toyota straightened it under warranty - AC cut out while I took a 600 mile road trip; only happened once, didn't need to fix it - squealing started off and on from the engine/belt; had belt replaced but squealing continued; sources online say it's a belt tensioner problem; happens inconsistently; haven't fixed it yet - crackling distortion began from rear speakers - rear wheel bearings needed replacing, $1260 for parts + labor

Wheel Bearings
By michele on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My brother talked me into buying a Toyota and I do love it. However, I had to replace the drivers side wheel bearing in July of last year, no problem - I expect to have to pay for this type of maintenance. I had about 110,000 miles on it. A year later and 25,000 miles later - the same wheel bearing goes. I explain to the dealer that it doesn't make sense that I have to replace it yet again. The other one has never been replaced. They simply said its normal wear and tear because of the amount of miles I have put on it. We even called Toyota directly and we are waiting for some answers. Hopefully they will make it right. I was sold on Toyota, but may not be now. Will depend on how they respond.

I love this car
By Jerry on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I put about 10,000 miles a year on this car with no major problems, keep the oil changed and do the maintenance on required basis and this car will last forever.