Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Most Helpful|
is this the longest rotor on the road?
By madsy

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in December 2002. Today (Feb 2013) the car is now 517,000 km. @ 420,000 km the strut was replaced. the right one started to leak. the other one is still ok but replaced as well as they needed to be replaced at the same time. @ 425,000 km. the front and rear wheel bearing on the driver's side were replaced. @ 475,000 km. the starter was replaced. @ 517,000 km. the sway bar link was replaced. others are just the normal maintenance like battery, oil changes, serpentine belt, transmission oil changes, air filter, cabin filters. The car drives like the day I drove it out of the dealership. The rest of the car is original...including the rotor. the car just starts and go in all weather

biggest pos ever
By ryguy6

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the worst car I have ever owned I got it with 116k on it and it has nothing but break every few months since I got it power steering g rack and pinion tie rods tires starter the trunk broke fuses 3 batterys not to mention it gets terrible gas mileage my 95 astro got better mileage it has the turn radius of 1 ton dually cummins and sounds like crap the trannys almost blew up and it bounces around past 65 to were I won't go on the freeway with It I drive my 95 civic over it all the time not to mention how it accelerated full throttle at an intersection by its self and almost killed my family toyota needs to take responsibility for there crap cars I wouldn't recommend toyota.

Favorite Features

The sound it will make when I trade the pos in.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota should quit making vehicles.

Piece of junk
By jasinlee18

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Everything on the interior is made of soft plastic and broke within have it for 4 months. Cd player skips and sticks and holds cds captive. Brakes went to nothing in 3 months clutch went after 15,000 miles. And they swear this car is worth 18,000 dollars (the S).

Favorite Features

Dash dials are favorite.

Suggested Improvements

Use better materials so that it dosent break so easily. Console lid broke, handles above doors, paint even started flaking, cd player skips and eats cds, charged me for many accesories i didnt ask for. (carpet for trunk, underspray, the list goes on.)

A disaster!
By Tre

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It was a VERY bad decision on my part to buy this car. For the 11 months I've had the car, it has been one problem after the other; failed driver power window actuator, stinky rotten egg smell most of the time, HAZARDEOUS to drive on a windy day, squirmy emergency braking, erratic idle, lousy fuel consumption in the winter, numerous rattles and a body that dings too easily. My 2001 Corolla was way better, but it's too late to lament now.. I'm selling this car once I've driven it for 2 years to at least pay the interest on the car loan.

Favorite Features

Interior design (though quality is lacking as witnessed by the rattles that developed literally from day one)

Suggested Improvements

Re-engineer this car before it brings Toyota's good name down, and it will!

Do Not Waste Your Money!!!
By dryoda

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Worst car I ever bought. Impossible to get comfortable in drivers seat. Front end still makes noise even after parts from factory re-call were replaced. Dash rattles. Acceleration is pathetic. Takes 3 or 4 attempts to get car into reverse. Feels like grinding gears even with the clutch pegged to the floor. If you live in Tucson do not buy from Precision Toyota. You become a complete inconvience to them after the sale. Trust me, you get better customer service from McDonald's! On the highway, no stability, any slight wind tries to push the car off the road. The car sits as high off the ground as a two-wheel drive truck. I will be trading in this car ASAFP!

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the project! Start over and build the entire car with one thing in mind, "How can we make the driver comfortable?" Then take the necessary time to build a quality car!