Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Best car ever!
By bonnieallen

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new off the lot and 12 years, and 250,000 miles later, still running like new! Very very minimal maintenance required for this car! i have barely done oil changes and only other repairs were replacing sway bar, a sensor that went at about 180k, and thats it! Even mechanics have told me that this is one of the best cars that toyota has put out and i very much believe that.

Favorite Features

lots of room, steering is amazing

Suggested Improvements

suspension system could be a little bit better.

biggest pos ever
By ryguy6

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the worst car I have ever owned I got it with 116k on it and it has nothing but break every few months since I got it power steering g rack and pinion tie rods tires starter the trunk broke fuses 3 batterys not to mention it gets terrible gas mileage my 95 astro got better mileage it has the turn radius of 1 ton dually cummins and sounds like crap the trannys almost blew up and it bounces around past 65 to were I won't go on the freeway with It I drive my 95 civic over it all the time not to mention how it accelerated full throttle at an intersection by its self and almost killed my family toyota needs to take responsibility for there crap cars I wouldn't recommend toyota.

Favorite Features

The sound it will make when I trade the pos in.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota should quit making vehicles.

#1 hands down
By bmatte

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car last year. had 64,000 mi on it. now has 72- not one issue yet, and im 28 w/ 5 speeding tickets.. so its needles to say that i run these things too the ground.. very impressed!!

is this the longest rotor on the road?
By madsy

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in December 2002. Today (Feb 2013) the car is now 517,000 km. @ 420,000 km the strut was replaced. the right one started to leak. the other one is still ok but replaced as well as they needed to be replaced at the same time. @ 425,000 km. the front and rear wheel bearing on the driver's side were replaced. @ 475,000 km. the starter was replaced. @ 517,000 km. the sway bar link was replaced. others are just the normal maintenance like battery, oil changes, serpentine belt, transmission oil changes, air filter, cabin filters. The car drives like the day I drove it out of the dealership. The rest of the car is original...including the rotor. the car just starts and go in all weather

Best car i have had
By toyota1987

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car a long time without issues. the only thing i have replaced since i bought it was a starter. My car just hit 200,200 miles!!!

Favorite Features

I love the comfort of the car the seats are perfect.

Suggested Improvements

the car looks a little sissy, I hope one day they will make it look better