Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

It seems like it's going to run forever.
By Cliff

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a beast that just wants to keep going. 202,000 and I just had a number of wear & tear repairs but I think it's at the half life point roughly. Weather doesn't phase it and the rust is very minimal for a car I don't garage or baby in any way. Superb investment so glad I bought it new.

Best car ever!
By bonnieallen

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new off the lot and 12 years, and 250,000 miles later, still running like new! Very very minimal maintenance required for this car! i have barely done oil changes and only other repairs were replacing sway bar, a sensor that went at about 180k, and thats it! Even mechanics have told me that this is one of the best cars that toyota has put out and i very much believe that.

lots of room, steering is amazing

suspension system could be a little bit better.

biggest pos ever
By ryguy6

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the worst car I have ever owned I got it with 116k on it and it has nothing but break every few months since I got it power steering g rack and pinion tie rods tires starter the trunk broke fuses 3 batterys not to mention it gets terrible gas mileage my 95 astro got better mileage it has the turn radius of 1 ton dually cummins and sounds like crap the trannys almost blew up and it bounces around past 65 to were I won't go on the freeway with It I drive my 95 civic over it all the time not to mention how it accelerated full throttle at an intersection by its self and almost killed my family toyota needs to take responsibility for there crap cars I wouldn't recommend toyota.

The sound it will make when I trade the pos in.

Toyota should quit making vehicles.

#1 hands down
By bmatte

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car last year. had 64,000 mi on it. now has 72- not one issue yet, and im 28 w/ 5 speeding tickets.. so its needles to say that i run these things too the ground.. very impressed!!

is this the longest rotor on the road?
By madsy

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in December 2002. Today (Feb 2013) the car is now 517,000 km. @ 420,000 km the strut was replaced. the right one started to leak. the other one is still ok but replaced as well as they needed to be replaced at the same time. @ 425,000 km. the front and rear wheel bearing on the driver's side were replaced. @ 475,000 km. the starter was replaced. @ 517,000 km. the sway bar link was replaced. others are just the normal maintenance like battery, oil changes, serpentine belt, transmission oil changes, air filter, cabin filters. The car drives like the day I drove it out of the dealership. The rest of the car is original...including the rotor. the car just starts and go in all weather