2002 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Piece of Junk

2002 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Piece of Junk
By netprowlerp on

2002 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Owned this car for a few years, had both Cats go change under warranty. Toyota put bad motors in these, rings that carbon up and don't seal. I was burning a quart every 200 miles when the car had 50,000, dealer told me they could not confirm the complaint. I have owned 3 Toyota's now and all were cheaply put together and I had nothing but problems. I thing it is time to give the American Cars a try again, can not be any worse then this Junk Box they call the best.

Less rush for profits, a little more in engineering. Grew to big, and now quality is suffering.
By whcc90069
on 12/18/11 20:43 PM (PST)

you mentioned that you've had the car for a few years, so, it's safe to say that you bought it used. and it's obvious that the previous owner(s) didn't take care of the care. i bought my 2002 corolla le automatic brand new back in late 2001. it's got over 127k miles on it now and i still average 37mpg on the highway. the only thing wrong with my car now are the sagging headliner and the need to have the driver's seat recushioned. it's not bad at all considering that i've had the care for over 10 years.