2002 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Old 'Rolls.

2002 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Old 'Rolls.
By jayqohardd on

2002 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When receiving this car as a gift at 16 years old from my mother I had never been so excited! Ever since then I have drove the car & I am now 21, & the car will be with me until it won't run anymore. From my first accident to the second one, to forgetting to change the oil, to a deer or three, to the three original hubcaps that are left, my corolla has never ever let me down. I have ran on empty far too many times than imaginable, and have never once ran out of gas. Dependable when I definitely need her to be. She is so reliable that we have named her "Old Rolls." because no matter the situation she rolls through anything. (corny I realize.)

Favorite Features

Love the gas mileage!! On average I pay $20 a week on gas, if that, and drive over 500 miles a week to and from work (interstate.) I have never broken down due to anything mechanical wise, even running on empty for over 50 miles when lost. I love the fact that you never have to turn your lights on when it's dark, and that they also turn themselves off if forgotten. trunk space is awesome, especially when you're a college kid always moving to & from home! Very inexpensive to maintain. I pay little to nothing for parts when I have accidents & need a headlight, etc... Very comfy backseat for my friends. LOVE how bright the headlights are, especially the brights.

Suggested Improvements

The cd player just quit, so I did have to purchase a stock one. You can definitely hear the belt running, especially in the rain! The brakes do ware down quickly, but I also realize due to a few accidents that this could have caused an issue. No stock key less entry on LE versions, so when it rains it pours. It is a 4 cylinder, & def goes up hills like one! I wish she had more power, but I definitely understand. The rear cup holders are ridiculous! By all means way too small & inconvenient. Leg room in the back is tight, wouldn't suggest anyone over 5'8" to sit back there. Stinkin' check engine light will not turn off! No matter how many car places you go to!