2002 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: I've always been a Honda owner

2002 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I've always been a Honda owner...
By EJM on

2002 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

so this is the first Toyota I've owned. The primary thing that attracted me to this car was the price. On average, Hondas sell for about 2-$3,000 more than a Toyota, and basically the quality and reliability are the same. I believe that I got more options for my money than I would have for a Honda Civic. If money is a concern, then buy a Toyota. Breaking is excellent and responsive. If I had the ABS option, it would be perfect. Cornering is also responsive; better than I expected from a small car. While this is not the 89' Acura Legend I once owned, this is a wonderful compact, economical car! I am confident in my purchase.

Outside temp. gauge is a thoughtful touch! A/C is cold! Engine power is ample for this car although it could use a shot of Red Bull.

The plastic coverings on the doors and door handles stain very easily. They could put more cloth on the doors to make it easier to clean and make it a more cozy interior. Seats could be more comfortable, and a lock on the glove box would help.