Buy this car..
By jbintegra on
2002 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
My LIFE is driving. I annually put around 40,000 miles on vehicles, and as an avid older Porsche collector, I demand satisfaction. My Integra with 376,850 actual miles (original VERY tired engine) finally croaked. Found the "S", liked it, and got the 0% financing. I am in LOVE with this car- the "squishy/squealy tires" and soft suspension are exactly what I need for my job. Indeed, I am 5'10 and 135 lbs, so the seat-comfort complaints might be valid for larger drivers. What I love is how quiet it is, the impeccable build quality, the ample power and the incredible gas mileage (39.6 avg). Turn the key and drive it for 10 years. I trust it.
Favorite Features
The hiway ride is the best feature. The engine is second. The "S" interior, factory alloy wheels and foglamps make a very bland car acceptable (I am 29. Cruise is very responsive, hibeams the best I have ever seen in any car (I suggest aftermarket H4 WhiteLight bulbs).
Suggested Improvements
The rear seat is awful-no leg/foot room. No glove compartment lock or light. The side trim was placed badly (it dings EASY). Buy the Xenon HID bulbs, a B&M shortshifter, a small factory spoiler, and theres a winner. Mines got 39k already. DEPENDABILITY and ECONOMY.