Amazing value in one little car
By kevinmscott on
2002 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Bought an 02 S model about 3 years ago. Abused by original owners and left for dead. Our friend at the junkyard for it working in a jiffy. My first car, college car, put some 40k long and hard freeway miles on it (it's at 180k now), replaced transmission, struts, manifold and a wheel baring, but it has never broken down on me or failed to start. I've driven it through hot Vermont summers and freezing Maine winters. This is the car I walk out to every morning and thank the Lord for. It is a car I am truly satisfied with.
Favorite Features
This S - sport edition - has a tachometer and a cool steering wheel. It handles nice and tidy like a sports car should. It knows that it's supposed to be sporty and fulfills that. All black interior feels good. I've driven it hard, ran it near out of oil a couple times, but it's still faithful and reliable as a rock.
Suggested Improvements
The cosmetics - mostly plastics - were clearly not made for New England weather and have now all broken. Cruise control stalk, rainguards, and even the door handle once broke - just the plastic parts. The 4-speed automatic transmission is a bit slow on the gear changes... and the center console is only big enough to rest either the driver's arm or the passenger's arm... but I suppose that wouldn't be a problem if you're holding her hand ;)