Used 2002 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Just Commute!
By Basic Commuter

2002 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the LE three years now, and just change oil and add gas occasionally! My roads are secondary, usually, so I can normally get 40 to 44 MPG (55 MPH). I researched before buying, and know I made the right choice. The ONLY complaint is that the car needs either a six-speed, or more HP. Even a seasoned manual transmission driver (all my life) can still kill the engine at times. It just does not have a low enough first gear! I am 55 years old and this will be my last commuter, it is built that well. Just keep clean oil in it, and pay attention to coolant change-outs. You will not be disappointed.

MILEAGE! RELIABILITY!!

More horsepower and one more gear...

super basic transportation
By tallguy66

2002 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car to travel weekly between my home near New Orleans and my new job in Texas, 326 miles each way on the weekends. Am getting 39 miles at 70 mpg on highway, no problems at all. I am very tall and need seat to go back farther, other than that am fully satisfied. My last four vehicles have been Toyotas, super dependable, never in shop.

great gas mileage

Let front seat go back another two inches for tall drivers.

Corolla S
By tristud2002

2002 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

There was a problem with my leather interior on the doors, but the manufacturer replaced it.

The look of the steering wheel and dash. Awesome gas mileage.

Offer leather seats.

Excellent Transportation
By Felito

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing little car it gets 39 MPG with 5 speed manual transmission. Excellent commuter. I paid $11,800 for this jewel brand new and it has been a very reliable automobile. It's going on 60K miles and no problem. It has Air Conditioning but no power windows.

Reliabilty and gas mileage. 39 mpg.

Interior confort.

Poor substitute for an American car
By Auto Enthusiast

2002 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Reasonably comfortable, utilitarian vehicle. However, the fuel efficiency has not been impressive. I will probably purchase an American car next, because: 1. Their engineering and design teams are making substantial progress toward reestablishing themselves as innovators. 2. The aggressive discounting by the American automobile companies has made their cars an unmatched value. Can you tell that I regret the purchase and wish I'd bought a far- superior -- and cheaper -- American car, instead?

It's small size and responsive handling enable the driver to easily navigate through traffic and park in compact parking spaces.

Raise the fuel efficiency to 40 mpg +. Reduce the price: Toyotas (and Hondas) have drifted away from their previous reputation for delivering quality at a reasonable price.