2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
good transportation
By Eric Storm on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Corolla. I still have my 94 Corolla. The fuel economy is impressive for my 02 Corolla.

I've always been a Honda owner...
By EJM on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

so this is the first Toyota I've owned. The primary thing that attracted me to this car was the price. On average, Hondas sell for about 2-$3,000 more than a Toyota, and basically the quality and reliability are the same. I believe that I got more options for my money than I would have for a Honda Civic. If money is a concern, then buy a Toyota. Breaking is excellent and responsive. If I had the ABS option, it would be perfect. Cornering is also responsive; better than I expected from a small car. While this is not the 89' Acura Legend I once owned, this is a wonderful compact, economical car! I am confident in my purchase.

Sporty fun
By wordteaser on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a committed Toyota owner and this is my second Corolla. The first I had for over 10 years. The 2002 Corolla S is sporty, attracted and nicely appointed. I have it in a 5-speed with makes it a blast to drive. It is Toyota through and through when it comes to dependability, low maintence and affordability.

Unsatisfied Customer
By Chasityrose on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Over all this vehicle's mech. are very good. It seems to be a quiet car. I am dissatisfied with the interior. I have had all 4 door panels replaced. Due to them being warped. I did not expect this from Toyota. I tried to get the vehicle replaced and was turned down. The blinkers were also broke when I bought the car brand new. I feel that Toyota does not stand behind its work. I am willing to try another one but I will be very careful when choosing my car. This car is not that comfortable if you have to ride in it for a long time. Great for around town.

Toyota 2000
By John Zhang on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I leased Corolla 2000, now is near expire. I like Corolla and I am planning to return the leased one and buy another new Corolla 2002. It is reliable and economic especially for me communiting 50 mile per day.

Reliable
By Laroco on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable, very good in gas mileage, very small gas tank capacity. You have to fill the gas tank just a little over 200 miles drive. I can drive my Camry to over 400 miles before fill-up. Engine performance is very weak. This car is not for racing, it's for daily commute.

Corolla
By Marge on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Toyota Corolla - This is a reliable car!

2002 Toyota Corolla
By sumac22 on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very realiable and gas efficent car. Cabin is quiet when crusing below 65 miles. VVTI engine is overated.

Affordable and Sporty
By S on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for something with a good history, with a style that wouldn't go out, and fuel efficient. I also found a great Toyota dealership that made me feel very comfortable in knowing I made the right decision.

I should have got this in the 1st place!
By JMErbrick1980 on 03/10/02 03:04 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

In the five months that I have had this car, I have finally put away the Advil. My previous car was a 2001 Ford Focus-what a hoot! I have NEVER had to visit the service center once, outside of routine maintainance. With my Ford, I set up camp at least once a month at the local dealer. Good thing they were very helpful. I plan to keep this car for a long time. I know it will last, unlike that "other" car I used to own...