2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Basic Transportation
By lawoody on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This corolla S is not the most exciting, but compared to my other cars (audi/bmw) is built superior. In 33K, it has required ZERO maintenance costs. Just oil changes and it gets 30mpg mix driving. The S version is much nicer and the interior is pretty good. Handling is only ok. Resale value is very high. Great student car.

Mostly excellent
By AlderMcGregor on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Another typically efficient Corolla from Toyota - with the glaring exception of the 3-speed autobox. It's good for shuttling around town, but venture out onto your local Interstate and the car gets way too noisy and thirsty. A compact car such as this should average far better than 25mpg. So go for the 4-speed auto every time. You'll save yourself a lot of fuel and possibly your sanity too.

Great All Around Transportation
By Mabel on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

At 82,000 miles This little car is an around winner. I bought it in 2001 and I have never had any problems with it. I replaced the original cheap Goodyear tires the first month because I got tired of sliding all over the road in the rain. This is without a doubt the most dependable transportation car I have ever owned.

Great Car !!!
By Andrew Banks on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned this car for over a year and I really can't find anything bad to say about it!!! Purhaps a little more leg room for back seat passengers,otherwise a great buy.

2002 Toyota Corolla
By amdgmary on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Toyota Corolla is the best car I've owned. It has excellent fuel economy and the vehicle is very reliable. The next vehicle I purchase will be either a Toyota Corolla or a Camry.

Just Commute!
By Basic Commuter on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the LE three years now, and just change oil and add gas occasionally! My roads are secondary, usually, so I can normally get 40 to 44 MPG (55 MPH). I researched before buying, and know I made the right choice. The ONLY complaint is that the car needs either a six-speed, or more HP. Even a seasoned manual transmission driver (all my life) can still kill the engine at times. It just does not have a low enough first gear! I am 55 years old and this will be my last commuter, it is built that well. Just keep clean oil in it, and pay attention to coolant change-outs. You will not be disappointed.

super basic transportation
By tallguy66 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car to travel weekly between my home near New Orleans and my new job in Texas, 326 miles each way on the weekends. Am getting 39 miles at 70 mpg on highway, no problems at all. I am very tall and need seat to go back farther, other than that am fully satisfied. My last four vehicles have been Toyotas, super dependable, never in shop.

Corolla S
By tristud2002 on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

There was a problem with my leather interior on the doors, but the manufacturer replaced it.

Excellent Transportation
By Felito on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing little car it gets 39 MPG with 5 speed manual transmission. Excellent commuter. I paid $11,800 for this jewel brand new and it has been a very reliable automobile. It's going on 60K miles and no problem. It has Air Conditioning but no power windows.

Poor substitute for an American car
By Auto Enthusiast on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Reasonably comfortable, utilitarian vehicle. However, the fuel efficiency has not been impressive. I will probably purchase an American car next, because: 1. Their engineering and design teams are making substantial progress toward reestablishing themselves as innovators. 2. The aggressive discounting by the American automobile companies has made their cars an unmatched value. Can you tell that I regret the purchase and wish I'd bought a far- superior -- and cheaper -- American car, instead?