2002 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
just the best
By leofreshness on 01/23/13 13:01 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is the best car ever. i got it at 80000 miles and now has over 100000 miles and no problems. am the 2nd owner. when i got it i had to learn to drive manual. so you now what a clutch goes through when someone uses it for the first time. and till this day it been the same clutch since it was made and its still good and soothe. great on gas i got around 36 city and 45 highway normal driving. no engine problems just great. if you want a car that gets great gas mileage, will drive past 300000 miles cheap and just pure reliable get this corolla but only a manual one. the autos are great but i believe they wont last as long . and the manual will get better mpg.

Best car I've ever had
By joe on 04/30/09 14:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The title says it. Of course I change the oil and filter every 2000 miles and do all maintenance like clock work. Manual 3rd gear with this motor is the best passing gear and merging lane combination I have ever seen in 42 years of car ownership. Need to pass someone on the highway at 50 mph? Downshift to 3rd and tromp on it. Pickup is superb, and they hear you coming.

I love my little 2002 Corolla CE
By teenblac on 04/14/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Corolla in November of 2001 and always maintained very well. Changed the oil & filter at least twice a year, changed the plugs every 2nd year, get the antifreeze flush every 2nd or 3rd year if you lived up North like I do, and so on. Very content for my first new car and OMG, it's good on gas, appx. 45 miles/km.

Burns Oil
By bst on 09/10/07 09:52 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was my second Corolla and I was quite disappointed with this. My 1988 was great, had it for 243,000 miles, very few problems apart from just taking care of an older car. This one was a different story. First, made a mistake by getting the CE, things like the backseat not folding down made this a car that was of little use for things like biking, hauling, etc. But mostly, around mileage 30,000 the car has been burning oil quickly, requiring 2-3 qts of oil to be put in on any long road trip, sometimes more than once. Now, the engine has sludge in it that is not covered by the extended warranty, making this car a lemon while still under warranty. Disappointed in the car and company.

No more American Cars for me!
By JM Tucker on 03/29/05 22:03 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Reliability is the name of the game for me my Toyo is tops! When I turn that key I want the car to start, and it always does. My 2002 Corolla is very comfortable(I'm 5'10 and about 285 lbs.) and I enjoy driving it. I have 65000 miles on my 2002 and have only had regular oil changes and scheduled maintenance. This car is very affordable to maintain. I just bought my stepson a 2005 Corolla who is in college and he loves his as well. American cars have along way to go in comparable quality.

Affordable, Reliable, Economical...
By Dinorah on 02/25/05 12:06 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When we first purchased the car, it was for my son to use to get to and from school. Rising insurance and gas prices have pushed me to utilize the vehicle more often. I've seen that in the past few months I have been using our Corolla more than my son! The car is a perfect, not overdone or underdone, combination of performance, value, and comfort. It just works! I'd recommend this car for anyone.

Mostly excellent
By AlderMcGregor on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Another typically efficient Corolla from Toyota - with the glaring exception of the 3-speed autobox. It's good for shuttling around town, but venture out onto your local Interstate and the car gets way too noisy and thirsty. A compact car such as this should average far better than 25mpg. So go for the 4-speed auto every time. You'll save yourself a lot of fuel and possibly your sanity too.

Great All Around Transportation
By Mabel on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

At 82,000 miles This little car is an around winner. I bought it in 2001 and I have never had any problems with it. I replaced the original cheap Goodyear tires the first month because I got tired of sliding all over the road in the rain. This is without a doubt the most dependable transportation car I have ever owned.

Great Car !!!
By Andrew Banks on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned this car for over a year and I really can't find anything bad to say about it!!! Purhaps a little more leg room for back seat passengers,otherwise a great buy.

Excellent Transportation
By Felito on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing little car it gets 39 MPG with 5 speed manual transmission. Excellent commuter. I paid $11,800 for this jewel brand new and it has been a very reliable automobile. It's going on 60K miles and no problem. It has Air Conditioning but no power windows.