2001 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Great Reliable Car!

2001 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Reliable Car!
By decator on

2001 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new in May 2001, we now have 135K miles on it and still love it! The only issues we have had to deal with was replacing the clutch at 95K (driver fault) and simple maintenance. The front brake pads lasted until 120K (I check them regularly). I still average about 31mpg when its all city driving and 36 when I commute on the highway. We could afford a new car, but I will drive this one until it's last mile, and would not hesitate to buy another. With that said it is not perfect and there are drawbacks like interior size, road noise, etc.. But I am a believer that those are little things while reliability and affordability are the things that are harder to come by.

UPDATE 2/29/2016: Still love this car, but recently had some transmission issue (manual). Had to have it rebuilt and continue to have issue with a seal. Partly my fault because I neglected to change the trans fluid and maybe just a fluke. We are going to part ways with it because of my 500 mile/week commute otherwise I would keep it as my main driver.

• Outward visibility
  • Purchase cost
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review