2001 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: reliable car, more power desir

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Review

reliable car, more power desired though.
By GM on

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I now have driven this car for over 3 years, it has 57k miles and Ive only had to buy an airflow meter since my last review and I installed it myself to save money. The rest is usual upkeep, wheel alignment, air filter, fluid & oil changes, ect. No more hassles with repairs at dealerships for years now thankfully so the car has been problem free since its rough start. I have found that 93 octane gas eliminates the foul odor, the other octanes cause it to smell bad.

Reliable, gets you where you want to go without fear of mechanical breakdowns and costly repairs. LE model with upgraded wheels looks upper class. Its enjoyable with all the upgrades and it cruises well at high speeds with the 4spd trans. Engine is quick enough to get the job done.

-Poor seat comfort on trips over 30 minutes. -Poor mushy suspension, wind moves the car around and it also leans deep in turns. -I would like more power to pass traffic faster.