Petite, yet powerful
By Mightyp on
2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car (LE) as a commuter car (my other is a 454 crew cab) and the gas savings alone is paying for itself. I commute 150 miles one way to work and this car has never let me down in the 2 years of operation. I plan to utilize it one more year and trade up to a '06 model. The VVT-i gives me back the power to fly over Pacheco Pass (CA) seamlessly. Everything is within reach and ergonomically correct. Since I seldom have passengers the back seat is premium extra storage for me. This is a very reliable car that does what its designed to do for pennies on the dollar.
Favorite Features
Power Sun Roof, cruise control, outside temp. gauge, 2-tripometers, warm cloth seats, tinted windows, chrome hubcaps (don't worry about wheel locks!) and a decent am/fm stereo.
Suggested Improvements
I swapped out the stereo with XM radio; during tire change I opted for a wider tire that runs smoother and absorbs road bumps and is quieter. Other than that, the only improvement I would like is a little more cush on the seats during these long commutes (I supplemented with a kitchen chair pad)