Good car, but does have issues.
By vasquezkj on
2001 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
A nice car, nothing outstanding, but still a very worthy buy. As the reviewers mentioned, the Corolla is very reliable car - though I have only owned it for 3 years / 36,000 miles. The car does seem to be put together well; no loose parts or rattling. Some problems: back seat way too small (no leg room), the engine performance isn't great (particularly with the a/c on), and for some reason my car has always had a problem with shifting into reverse. That being said, overall, this is a good car.
Favorite Features
Automatic lights, temperature gauge, and the fact that there are no loose parts or rattling.
Suggested Improvements
Increase the size of the back seat...drastically, brakes need to be more responsive, and give the engine some more power.
By toyota1955
on 03/14/14 23:07 PM (PDT)

to the gentleman that wrote this I have a question if I may ask please ... I own a 1999 Toyota Corolla 4 speed and I love it too death believe me or not I have over 418,000 km on her and she is still going .. but here is my question I just bought a 2001 Toyota corolla Sadan Plus 4 speed and I am so upset and can't believe that this maybe my first lemon in the Toyota's as it is sooo sluggish and doesn't want to shift into gears or can't seem to find them and as for reverse I am sooo embarrassed as I can't seem to find it ... can you offer me any help please ... I have drove standards all my life and this one I am so upset about it .. I won't drive it as I am afraid to drive it incase I get on the streets and can't shift it ... yes I am a female .. did I buy a lemon ???/