First Toyota
By XtremeBiker278 on
2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car little less than two weeks ago with only 32k miles on it, I already put on 600 miles and I am enjoying it. It has a nice looking exterior, and a plain and somewhat cramped interior. The car absorbs bumps better than some midsized and large cars I have driven before! I love the acceleration in the city and suburbs, gets a little scary on the highway though when getting up to speed, even with flooring it. The car has a very solid feel to it, and handles well, even without ABS. However, I was surprised to see that I only get mileage figures similar to what was advertised when on the highway, otherwise nowhere near which is frustrating. Minus a couple cons, however, it's great.
Favorite Features
4 durable cup holders, good handling, clean and simple ergonomics, very roomy trunk! Good highway mileage, absorbs bumps very well, solid feeling car, the storage compartments are really coming in handy.
Suggested Improvements
Louder sound system, little bit more power, put front cup holders elsewhere, more room front/back seats, make ABS standard, much better city mileage, or in my case, at least equal it to the figures shown, get rid of the goofy 5 second wait for the car to turn on dashboard lights.