2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Who says this car isn't nice looking!
By shecky on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Anyone who thinks this car isn't nice looking is fooling themselves. It is very respectable and not over the top like some other cars (cough cough, 2003 corolla). The automatic is a bit slow but the interior and exterior are amazing.

Very pleased
By rjalder on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleased with the overall design and performance of this little car.

NO NOT CE PLEASE...................
By Amol on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the CE in May 2001 have 18500 on odo. The car is fun to drive except with ac on which feels like dragging a ton behind. The worst part is the CE is 3 speed automatic which pulls the fun to drive, but once over 30 it is good. It have a good milage and pretty smooth engine. The steering is a bit scary on highway (above 60) ans can be a problem if u have a huge lorry besides u. The interior is cramped and good for 4 small size adults or 2 tall adults. Another part is CE does not come with Rear folding seat and u have to dig a small hole in u r wallet for that.

Boring Car
By Bxx on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very Boring vehicle , terrible get up and go, not advatised gas milage...

Good everyday Car!
By JB507 on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive in a stick.. really zips around! Quick, reliable, good on gas .. Bumpy, noisy, small .. but you're not buying a Lexus. It's a little expensive for it's size, but your paying for the Toyota name (and assumed quality). It's scary to think that for not alot more money, a Camery isn't to far away. Brakes have gotten progressivly more spongey as I've driven it (28k as of now) .. Oh yeah .. I got rear ended twice (once pretty hard) .. zero damage except scrapes. If you change your own oil, the filter is hard to get at and messy to remove.

brakes lousy
By grego on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good car, but the brakes are hard. My wife brought back to dealer and they adjusted the rear brakes at a cost of $35. Same problem. I complained that they charged my wife for work that should not have been needed. They would not remove the charge and the brakes still suck. Last week I drove the car and the rear brakes are making clunking sounds now.

I love it...
By ericoria on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse (a disaster that cost me a fortune in repair costs and eventually ended up with a cracked engine block). So I am extremely happy with my reliable Corolla S. It has great gas mileage and is very well built. I would highly recommend this car to anyone!!

GREAT CAR
By kamal on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota has lived up to my expectation. I did two month long research and compared with nissan, honda, and other manufacturers. I settled with toyota because I have been driving toyota since 1998. Tried GM and Ford buty had to take severe financial hardship due to repair costs. Only problem I had with this corolla is that the driver sit cannot be adjusted higher or lower. other than that this is a great car.

Great Car
By dfgausa on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Corolla 94 before which was a good car with more than a 120K miles. That's why I decided to go with the new corolla S on 2001. I think they have improved their suspension and with the new technology on the engine going anywhere makes any trip comfortable. Although I should say I regret I didn't wait until 2002 to get the new Corolla 2003

Great small car
By johnl on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great small car, but you can hear road noise