2001 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Not impressed!
By Ibrahim on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Corolla S 'sport' dissapoint any driver. It had a great potential to become the leader in it's class, unfortunaly Toyota are very tradional when coming to introducing a small popular 'sport 'car.

Excellent car!
By Loved My Toyota! on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car almost 3 yrs and loved it! I would have kept it for many more years if someone didnt carelessy run a stop sign and total my car. Considering she hit us really hard on the front side, and she had a SUV, I think the fact that we are not seriously injured shows how safe a car this is. I never had any problems with this car. Its very comfortable, fun car. I definatly recommend it! I just wish the new ones looked like this inside and I would get another one.

reliable car, more power desired though.
By GM on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I now have driven this car for over 3 years, it has 57k miles and Ive only had to buy an airflow meter since my last review and I installed it myself to save money. The rest is usual upkeep, wheel alignment, air filter, fluid & oil changes, ect. No more hassles with repairs at dealerships for years now thankfully so the car has been problem free since its rough start. I have found that 93 octane gas eliminates the foul odor, the other octanes cause it to smell bad.

Unexpected Surprise
By desmondo on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 01 Toyota LE to primarly use for a work car and good gas mileage. (and too save wear and tear on my gas guzzling Explorer and Windstar Minivan). Wow, I was really surprised on the build quality and comfort, no rattles, excellent gas milage, and good power. Back seat is a little cramped, but if you want alot of space in the back seat by a Camry. This is my first Toyota, and certainly won't be my last. Great car for the money. Don't waste the extra money on a Honda!

Great Car!
By jon wong on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a great engine. Nice interior. Overall a great car.

Nice Car
By DeCru on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our car right after we got married in 2001. We have had no problems with it and find the car to be very economical. The Factory tires only lasted to 13000 miles, but I have heard that is the case with all factory tires. Recently inspected the brakes and the pads have 60% life after 45000 miles! (It is a stick) The car has enough pep and it is fun to drive beacuse it is a stick. The front seats were a little uncomfortable at first.

My Corolla
By Glenny on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The LE Toyota Corolla is a good and reliable vehicle. There is ample trunk room, but the back seat is too small. The engine starts up immediately in cold weather. The steering is adequate and the vehicle is responsive. The ride is smooth and relatively qu

Fun Economic Car
By Silvia on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Corolla. I had to trade in my Ford F-150, which I loved, because I was about to have my baby, and It was getting harder to get in and out of the truck. I was a little upset in the beginning, but love it now. It's a fun car to drive, and cute too. What really got me was the steering wheel, very sporty... Ha ha. Well, if you're reading the reviews because you're considering to buy a Corolla S model, trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Toyota Corolla S: Still Reliable
By BlueFlowers on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Although the back seat is a little crowded, I love it! The engine sounds so nice, smooth riding, easy to steer left or right, petty but powerful engine for 1.5 liter and so easy to keep it clean!

Cramped design
By Rich Speaker on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was my second Toyota. My first was a Tercel and lasted me twelve years. I've had this one for two months and I gave up and traded up to the 2003 model. The front was cramped and difficult to get into. I am only 5' 7 1/2" but I found that the seat would not go back far enough so that I could use the pedals without turning my feet in uncomfortable ways. In addition the suspension was very flimsy. It would bottom out on simple bumps. Otherwise it was a Toyota. It handled well and was well made.