2001 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Great Car
By JB on 06/16/08 06:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was spending $320/mo. in gas at the time I purchased this vehicle, so there were two things I looked for in my vehicle: reliability and gas mileage. This is the premium package for both. I drive my car all the time and living 30 minutes from work I only spend about $100/mo. in gas now. I recently took a small road trip in 530 miles, I used 15 gallons of gas! So I averaged at 35 mpg! I could improve this number by getting a tune up, an oil change, and inflating my tires. I also used my air conditioner most of the way and drove at about 75 mpg. Not bad.

Reliable transportation
By downsb on 05/30/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a very reliable economy car. That being said, the 'economy' part should speak for itself in terms of interior room, comfort, etc. Short on inside space and features, but fairly easy to customize or add to. Small but fairly peppy 1.8L engine gets me an average of 34 mpg, and as high as 41. Excellent turning radius, and very good at maneuvering in heavy traffic, as well as very good field of view. Perfect for a small commuter car. Excellent for students, as it's fairly inexpensive to repair in most cases (for a foreign vehicle). Only complaint is that it has a problem with oil consumption.

Awesome car!
By Care on 04/28/08 14:16 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car! Bought it used with 86000 miles, and it is now at 200100 miles and runs like a charm. Minor maintenance needed, spark plugs, fuel injector, tires and other things. I drive about 100+miles a day and I never hve to worry about breaking down. Take care of this car and it will take care of you! I love the sporty look it has and it is compact.

Fun Car to Drive
By Hal on 04/11/08 08:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used in 2005 and has given me nothing by outstanding service. Put some Hankook tires on it about a year ago and it made all the difference in the ride and handling of the car. Passing is a breeze with the peppy engine.

2001 Toyota Corolla
By hampton careen on 04/01/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car has been a good experience, good mileage, good service, will recommend the car to all my friends.

Overall a good car
By Jennifer on 04/01/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Corolla when it was at 12000 miles. It is at 82000 now. Just recently I had to replace a head gasket (and the interior door handle broke). While the head gasket was an expensive repair, its the first problem that I've had with the car. The steering has loosened over time, but not to the point of concern. The gas mileage is very good (although I don't seem to get as good of mileage as the LE is rated to have - 32 city, 39 highway).

Love this car
By Kb on 03/30/08 16:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a pleasure to own. I have had no problems with it. Would definitely buy again.

Decent car for the money
By mmckimmey on 10/02/07 17:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, the Toyota Corolla is the basic transportation. No cruise, no ABS, and bland, boring styling. It's not bad looking, but not nearly as nice as the Civic from the same year. Outside, the car is fairly boring. The headlights are a neat shape, but that's about all I can say about the interior. This car is absolutely boring in tan. Inside, it's still boring. Tan, tan tan. The seats are fairly comfy, no complaints there. Rear legroom is a joke. Trunk space is good, enough for a long trip. Overall the car has been very reliable, mass air flow sensor is the only major thing replaced. Other normal things like timing belt, etc.

First Toyota
By XtremeBiker278 on 05/14/07 02:19 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car little less than two weeks ago with only 32k miles on it, I already put on 600 miles and I am enjoying it. It has a nice looking exterior, and a plain and somewhat cramped interior. The car absorbs bumps better than some midsized and large cars I have driven before! I love the acceleration in the city and suburbs, gets a little scary on the highway though when getting up to speed, even with flooring it. The car has a very solid feel to it, and handles well, even without ABS. However, I was surprised to see that I only get mileage figures similar to what was advertised when on the highway, otherwise nowhere near which is frustrating. Minus a couple cons, however, it's great.

Great Car
By Joe Someguy on 01/07/07 18:26 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My dad got a five year lease on a Corolla CE in 2001 and it was an amazing vehicle. He just changed the oil twice and the tires and it never gave him any problems. Its a very reliable car.