2000 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Very Economical

2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

Very Economical
By ali on

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

I have the 2000 VE corolla with the 4sp automatic and I just wanted to day that it's been a wonderful tough car. Drove on deep Canadian snow, hot humid summer days and in heavy thunderstorms and it always got me there. It's been 10 years and 200,000 miles and people say the car specially the interior doesn't look ten years old and it doesn't have the stench that other old cars do. Planning to run it down another 60,000 miles before buying a new corolla. The tranny and engine combo on this car is great and I love the fact that u can disable overdrive, helps u accelerate quickly on highway and when your done turn it back on and u can cruise quietly at 60mph. This Cars ride is really soft too.

I loved the 4 speed transmission with over-drive off feature. Makes for quick acceleration and engine braking. Fuel mileage is good but could be better I average 28 mpg mostly city.

This 2zz engine has a lot of potential and Toyota should tune it to 180hp or at least 160hp similar to the how it performed on the '05 XRS model. Please improve interior material, it feels too cheap. Expand leg room and make telescopic steering standard.