My 2000 Corolla still kicking butt at 151,000 miles
By travis30 on
2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan
I just bought this car recently from a Ford dealership of all places(haha!) for 4,300 and although that price may be high, I didn't leave the lot with the car until I comfortable that it was in great running condition. And it was, and still is. Stupid check engine light was on when I bought it, but ignored it. Had autozone check it,P0171 bank 1 fuel mixture too lean(rough idle is all I noticed). So I bought 2 new bosch o2 sensors(pre and post catalytic), a bosch fuel pump, 2 rear Monroe econo matic quik struts, new bosch spark plugs, stp air filter, oil change(bosch oil filter), didn't need anyone of these parts but I got them anyways. Runs perfect, not a single problem. MY FAVORITE CAR.
Favorite Features
Handling, acceleration, reliability, ease of installation of parts yourself even if you have to rent special tools from autozone, ignition over plug spark plug configuration(no spark plug wires), big trunk, very good gas mileage, dependable. just maintain it like you're supposed to, get the parts replaced that eventually break down, and you'll have a great car for many years and many, many 1,000's of miles. Mine is at 151K and I plan to make it 250K or more!
Suggested Improvements
Small. Seats are uncomfortable. I'm a small guy, smaller than my wife, and the seats back area is very uncomfortable and you can't adjust it like you can on other cars where the air lets out you know on the lower back area. Cup holders in an inconvenient spot. ashtray is right below. I'm a smoker. I can't smoke a cigarette and drink a pop at the same time. sun visors are low quality. very thin. backseat area is cramped, even for my 3 small kids. Is there a known problem with Toyota Corolla's displaying the Check Engine Light for NO reason?