2000 Toyota Corolla 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Cheap, Reliable, and Efficient

2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

VE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Cheap, Reliable, and Efficient
By SK on

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

Not having a lot of money and needing a reliable and efficient car, I bought the most basic Corolla. I doubt I could have gotten more value for my money from another new car. The car has 57500 miles now, and the only problem I had was burnt-out check engine indicator (promptly fixed by the dealer under the manufacturer's warranty). The car handles very well, has very good angles (I can make a U-turn almost anywhere), and can fit into almost any parking spot. It has a decent acceleration (w/ manual transmission) and is comfortable at freeway speeds (passable even at 85-90 mph if needed). It gives me a great gas mileage -- upto 40mpg on the freeway and 27-33 in the city.

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy, great size for city driving combined with enough power to have more than just the driver in the car, good price, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Uncomfortable to drive in strong wind (or on high bridges). Could use a stronger parking brake.