Used 2000 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

It is a great reliable car
By karina rutova

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I had it for six years and had only one problem with it. One of the the automatic window stopped working, but repair was unexpensive. The car in general is very reliable. While having it, I didn't care too much about gas prices going up because it is an economy car. I recommend this car.

gas mileage, reliability. Easy to sell.

I don't like recent exterior design of the Corolla, and it is only reason that I didn't buy a new Toyota Corolla again after I sold mine.

Reliable commuter car
By Dave

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

Not the flashiest of vehicles, but definately the most reliable car I have driven. I bough my car used with 23k miles on it in '03, and have put about 25k miles a year on it driving between WA and OR states. Not a single problem. Engine power isn't bad, and fuel economy is awesome. I get about 40 mpg on the hwy with my 5 sp manual.

No features on my car, I got the base model :( only has a/c.

Better styling, a quieter, more comfortable ride (although not bad for a small car)

gets the job done perfectly
By Joe

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

This car is great. It goes forever on a tank of gas and has enough room for all of my hockey gear. I can pick 3 of my smaller friends and bring them with me anywhere. Sometimes I wish the engine was a little bit more sporty, but it has got enough juice to make a pass without a problem, but it won't win any races. It has lots of little pieces that rattle, like the door locks and window crank.

gas mileage, big trunk

needs anti-lock brakes, needs an arm rest on inside of front seats

Couldn't Have Done Better
By Kate McIntosh

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

This car is fabulous. If you ever want to know what kind of car to buy, all you have to do is ask a car salesman. Well, I sell cars and this is my car. It's comfortable, the gas mileage is incredible and I know that I won't have any major problem because it's a Toyota.

The stereo is better than I thought it would be, my passengers are always comfortable and the trunk size is awesome for being such a relatively small vehicle. And, of couse, my cruise control.

The check engine light is ALWAYS on for no reason. I had diagnostics run on it and they clear the code and the light keeps coming on and off whenver it feels like it.

Couldn't Have Done Better