Used 2000 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

gets the job done perfectly
By Joe

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

This car is great. It goes forever on a tank of gas and has enough room for all of my hockey gear. I can pick 3 of my smaller friends and bring them with me anywhere. Sometimes I wish the engine was a little bit more sporty, but it has got enough juice to make a pass without a problem, but it won't win any races. It has lots of little pieces that rattle, like the door locks and window crank.

gas mileage, big trunk

needs anti-lock brakes, needs an arm rest on inside of front seats

Couldn't Have Done Better
By Kate McIntosh

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

This car is fabulous. If you ever want to know what kind of car to buy, all you have to do is ask a car salesman. Well, I sell cars and this is my car. It's comfortable, the gas mileage is incredible and I know that I won't have any major problem because it's a Toyota.

The stereo is better than I thought it would be, my passengers are always comfortable and the trunk size is awesome for being such a relatively small vehicle. And, of couse, my cruise control.

The check engine light is ALWAYS on for no reason. I had diagnostics run on it and they clear the code and the light keeps coming on and off whenver it feels like it.

Couldn't Have Done Better
By Kate McIntosh

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

Toyota - beware of their engine problem
By Ying Li

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

I used to have great faith on Toyota until I realized my 42 K mile 5 year old toyota has an engine problem that is truly a manufacture defect! I bought it when it was 17 K miles. In May 05, I noticed oil light on and checked there was NO oil left in my engine at all. Immediately I took it to a very good car repair place and changed oil and they did not detect any leak. The assumption then was the previous oil change was not done properly; then 6 weeks later (yesterday) the oil light came back on and same issue - NO OIL in the car. I am not very pleased with the engine problem but it seems to me Toyota won't do anything about it which is unacceptable.

Toyota should seriously improve their engine performance. More consumer should be made aware of the engine issue they have and Toyota's attitude. When I was at the Toyota Service Ctr - I was advised that this engine burnning oil issue is not uncommon with Toyota cars.

Good little car
By Delivery

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

This is a reasonable car to own if you don't want something too big but not too small, as passanger space is quite appropriate. The newer model is even better. Fuel mileage is an obvious advantage (30-40 mpg). The stereo system is more impressive than I thought it would be and the ergonomics are well thought out, although the cup holder is poorly designed. Two really annoying things are the locks and light. You can never turn the lights off unless the engine is off and the car automatically locks even if not in gear.

Fuel mileage.

Anti-lock brakes should be standard on all vehicles. I don't understand why this is so.

• SUV