2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
My 2000 Toyota Corolla
By marmaple1 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

very comfortable car. I take many short trips and always enjoy the ride.

Nice & Reliable
By CorollaHS on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for almost 4 years. It is very reliable, fuel economy has been excellent, auto transmission is smooth, but not much fun to drive. The car can use more horse power when fully loaded (1 driver + 3 passengers) or climbing uphills. Not very comfortable for long distance driving, wind and road noise is high comparing to mid-size cars. Engine is also loud when accelerating. Not stable on windy roads.

Best car for my money
By Corolla00 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

Had a 2000 Toyota Corolla 5 speed. I don't drive it any more as I got onto a 3-series BIMR. I like the 5 speed transmission. Can do burnouts easily though the front wheel dr. is little annoying. Not fancy, but reliable. I wouldn't had gone for a Corolla if it was not a 5-speed. Poor handling. Be careful when you drive it in corners. Not really safe.

Reliable AND Fun
By Car Fanatic on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

With 39K on the odometer, this car is excellent and everything works. Drives like new and the 4-Speed Auto is smooth. The 1.8 VVT-i is peppy and I just by a hair beat a Sunfire GT (2.4?) from a stoplight. Cruise control and AUTO down driver's window are handy features. I do drive fast at times and still get 37MPG. The looks are also nice. I get compliments.

A great car
By Chris B on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in Sept. 2000 and it's been an absolute joy to drive. My only concern was winter driving and how well the all-season tires would do. The car quickly put my concerns to rest. The front-wheel drive and the O/D button on the automatic shift give the car solid traction and great control. Hills are never a problem and I only have to fill up ever three weeks for city driving. All around it's just a fantastic car.

my corolla rocks
By joecalvert on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

my experience with this vehical is that i have had zero problems (electrical or mechanical) with this car. it is a dream. it sat for 3 monthes over the winter and started right up no problem.

2000 Toyota Corolla
By kdehaas on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I enjoy having and driving this car. It is very relaible, has good fuel economy with enough power for steep grades.

Most Reliable Car ever,,
By dov on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

This car sounds and runs like the day i leased it 3/20/00. I have put 65,000 miles on it. Its a dream. Old reliable. Not a whimper, PROBLEM<< daytime running lights use alot of battery and I have to make sure battery is charged. The trunk if even slightly uncentered looks like a sore thumb( very sensitive door there if its off,, your in for a headache..).

Best little car for the money!
By Leedia C. Macomber on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

This little car offered more than I ever expected. Although it was a CE it had many of the power features of the fancier priced models. A big, roomy package at a small price! It definitely moves out on the highway where I do most of my driving, but the milage was always 36-40 mpg. Overall, if not an A+, it still gets an A. I just bought my second one after nearly three satisfied years! GREAT car for the money!

Great car for the money.
By WRXwanter2 on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used from a Ford Dealer and it has given me no problems as of yet. The build quality and reliability are amazing, Being young I have rode in many other smaller cars and this car just feels like it has been put together well. The 1.8L VVT- i engine is on par with its competetors. It has far more torque than a civic, and the power comes on down low. Lets not be mistaken this car is no rocket, but if driven right it's no slouch. I have the 4 speed auto and it shifts smoothly. To sum up this car in one word it would be smooth. I recomend this car to anyone who needs a good reliable car at an extremely afordable price.