2000 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Disappointed
By Chris on 06/09/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new because I have always heard about Toyota dependability. Gas was never 30 mpg as advertised. I have had problems with the oil. Several times, the oil light would not be on but when I checked it or the oil was changed, nothing showed on the stick. I have had the engine checked several times but they did not detect any leak. Finally, someone determined the valve cover gasket was leaking. Now I have had the valve cover gasket changed several times to no avail--I put in oil almost every time I use it. Also inside handles on all 4 doors have broken off. I have owned some pretty old cars, but never had all the door handles break off. I would not buy it again.

Awesome
By eddie on 04/16/09 01:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

Had it 3 years with no problems. Just a great reliable car. It shakes a little on the highway, but no maintenance on this baby.

I love my corolla!
By Lee on 01/28/09 14:20 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

I totaled my new '98 corolla my freshman year of college (I wasn't hurt a bit though). We replaced it with 2000 corolla. I loved both cars. My little white "curla" has lasted me more than I would imagine. I drove it all through college, back and forth to work, and now, 9 years later, I have a carseat for my little boy in there, and commute 150 miles/day. And it's still just right for me. I have over 200,000 miles on it, have rear ended someone, hit a deer, and it's still tickin. Plus, I'm not looking to get rid of it any time soon, and when I do, I just might look at another corolla.

It is what it is
By Mark on 12/06/08 22:41 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

I have the stripped down VE model. Few bells or whistles. The interior is carefully laid out and only wish there was an arm rest. I agree with others that the 3 speed automatic is not the best choice, especially if you do a lot of hwy miles. Still, for reliable and basic transportation it shines.

Toyota dependability
By Modameister on 10/13/08 08:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a little over 4 years. I bought it when it had just over 50k miles on it. Now, it has almost 120k miles. I plan on running it for another 100 or 200k. It's a good little car and will probably be around for my kids to drive when they are old enough in another 16 years. My only issues with it are it's not very roomy, I'm 6'8" and don't fit very well, but I fit in here as well as I do in most cars, even bigger cars. The driver's side handle has broken, the ceiling fabric has developed a rip in the rear by the rear window from the driver's side windows being open. The driver's inside handle is broken and the window doesn't roll up. I only get just over 30 mpg. It was 36.

Oil Burner
By Larry Bowman on 08/08/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

Purchased car with 93K on it. Had owned five previous Toyotas and ran most of them past 200K. This one is an oil burner - uses 1 quart per 400 miles. Toyota does not recognize that it is a design defect although it seems to be very prevalent in these cars (98-2002 Corollas). If you are looking to purchase one - be sure to check the exhaust pipe for excessive black soot and look in the oil filler cap for oil sludge (check underside of cap for black crumbly deposits and look inside oil filler for brown coating - if it has these features I recommend to stay away from it). Also the engine light just came on - not sure yet what this problem is. Struts are worn out as well.

Runs and Runs
By Louise on 07/16/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

My first Toyota and won't be my last. I love the pep and frugal gas usage. It is everything I want in a car! Would buy another Corolla in a heartbeat.

Very reliable car
By AICE on 04/21/07 07:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

It might not be the most powerful car I ever driven, but it has never let me down. The fuel consumption is excellent and the service cost is really low. So far I only needed regular maintenance on this car, nothing major (currently at almost 140k).

It is a great reliable car
By karina rutova on 06/18/06 20:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I had it for six years and had only one problem with it. One of the the automatic window stopped working, but repair was unexpensive. The car in general is very reliable. While having it, I didn't care too much about gas prices going up because it is an economy car. I recommend this car.

Reliable commuter car
By Dave on 03/25/06 06:56 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

Not the flashiest of vehicles, but definately the most reliable car I have driven. I bough my car used with 23k miles on it in '03, and have put about 25k miles a year on it driving between WA and OR states. Not a single problem. Engine power isn't bad, and fuel economy is awesome. I get about 40 mpg on the hwy with my 5 sp manual.