Used 2000 Toyota Corolla LE Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great little econocar
By Mike Gates

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Great car, with one huge exception: burns oil
By Marlene Arnao

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Need to a add one quart of oil for 175 miles. Burns oil and clogs exhaust system.

I replaced the engine, hoping to "fix the problem", but the replacement engine was just the same. I threw away $2,000.00. Very disappointed. The car is great otherwise.

My 2000 Corolla still kicking butt at 151,000 miles
By travis30

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car recently from a Ford dealership of all places(haha!) for 4,300 and although that price may be high, I didn't leave the lot with the car until I comfortable that it was in great running condition. And it was, and still is. Stupid check engine light was on when I bought it, but ignored it. Had autozone check it,P0171 bank 1 fuel mixture too lean(rough idle is all I noticed). So I bought 2 new bosch o2 sensors(pre and post catalytic), a bosch fuel pump, 2 rear Monroe econo matic quik struts, new bosch spark plugs, stp air filter, oil change(bosch oil filter), didn't need anyone of these parts but I got them anyways. Runs perfect, not a single problem. MY FAVORITE CAR.

Handling, acceleration, reliability, ease of installation of parts yourself even if you have to rent special tools from autozone, ignition over plug spark plug configuration(no spark plug wires), big trunk, very good gas mileage, dependable. just maintain it like you're supposed to, get the parts replaced that eventually break down, and you'll have a great car for many years and many, many 1,000's of miles. Mine is at 151K and I plan to make it 250K or more!

Small. Seats are uncomfortable. I'm a small guy, smaller than my wife, and the seats back area is very uncomfortable and you can't adjust it like you can on other cars where the air lets out you know on the lower back area. Cup holders in an inconvenient spot. ashtray is right below. I'm a smoker. I can't smoke a cigarette and drink a pop at the same time. sun visors are low quality. very thin. backseat area is cramped, even for my 3 small kids. Is there a known problem with Toyota Corolla's displaying the Check Engine Light for NO reason?

It Just Won't Die
By Huck

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

We've used this car as a daily commuter and grocery getter for over seven years and it still hangs tough. The check engine light stays on for no reason that the mechanic can find, but it still runs well. One day we'll move up to something more modern, but for basic, economical transportation it will still be running around town when today's Dodge Calibers and Nissan Versas are toast. Those who survive the apocalypse will be driving Corollas.

Cheap to run, good on gas and not terribly embarrassing to be seen in. The trunk is pretty roomy and you can park it anywhere.

Hard plastic armrest should go as should the cheap sun visors. The cup holders are useless and the backseat is a bit cramped.

Motor went
By Tracy Humphrey

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Our car started burning oil after just 4 years of owning it. We kept taking it back to the dealer with no luck on getting it fixed. We just kept putting oil into it every week. Then the motor went at 212,000. We were shocked. We will never buy another Toyota again after what we went through.

Nothing.

Make sure the motor doesn't burn oil.