2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
My 2000 Corolla still kicking butt at 151,000 miles
By travis30 on 02/26/12 00:47 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car recently from a Ford dealership of all places(haha!) for 4,300 and although that price may be high, I didn't leave the lot with the car until I comfortable that it was in great running condition. And it was, and still is. Stupid check engine light was on when I bought it, but ignored it. Had autozone check it,P0171 bank 1 fuel mixture too lean(rough idle is all I noticed). So I bought 2 new bosch o2 sensors(pre and post catalytic), a bosch fuel pump, 2 rear Monroe econo matic quik struts, new bosch spark plugs, stp air filter, oil change(bosch oil filter), didn't need anyone of these parts but I got them anyways. Runs perfect, not a single problem. MY FAVORITE CAR.

It Just Won't Die
By Huck on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

We've used this car as a daily commuter and grocery getter for over seven years and it still hangs tough. The check engine light stays on for no reason that the mechanic can find, but it still runs well. One day we'll move up to something more modern, but for basic, economical transportation it will still be running around town when today's Dodge Calibers and Nissan Versas are toast. Those who survive the apocalypse will be driving Corollas.

Motor went
By Tracy Humphrey on 10/12/09 08:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Our car started burning oil after just 4 years of owning it. We kept taking it back to the dealer with no luck on getting it fixed. We just kept putting oil into it every week. Then the motor went at 212,000. We were shocked. We will never buy another Toyota again after what we went through.

Runs and Runs
By Louise on 07/16/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

My first Toyota and won't be my last. I love the pep and frugal gas usage. It is everything I want in a car! Would buy another Corolla in a heartbeat.

Toyota Corolla
By daddemac on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has gotten me the best gas mileage of any vehicle I have ever owned. Handling and performance for small car with a 1.8 liter engine has really impressed me. I drive this car daily to and from work, which is a 130 mile round trip, and maintain speeds of 75 to 80 mph. The Corolla still gets me between 37 and 40 mpg. What a money savings this car has been especially with the rising gas prises.