2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Now this is a Toyota
By jjimbo on 01/24/12 00:32 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I got this car used from my cousin. It had been in two different accidents and was still going strong. This model of Toyota could not be killed. Everything worked, motor sang like a sewing machine and looked very neat and clean. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the inside.

Never let me down
By sylvia713 on 01/18/12 17:36 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I got my 2000 toyota corolla when i was 19 for my first car and i just now (4 years later) got rid of it because it was to small, i have a baby now and the backseat is not very big. Besides the lack of space my corolla was awesome, only thing i ever had to to do was routine maintenance! Awesome first car. If your not worried about space i definitely recommend a corolla cant beat toyota reliability!

Great Car Great Value
By BG on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I'm a college student with a very limited budget so I needed something reliable and at a good price. Since my summer job requires about 800 miles of driving a month in my own car and I drive the 200 miles to see my fiance as much as possible fuel economy was important. Therefore I went with the Corolla. It has been a GREAT decision. With about 28 mpg in the city I was making a decent amount on my gas check. Have had no mechanical problems and previous owner showed me his maintenance record with no abnormal maintenance. It only has a 4 cylinder engine but because of its small size it picks up great. Granted I was used to driving a 97 Chevy Astro and a 92 Pontiac transport but this is sweet!

I got rid of it!
By Kana on 07/19/09 06:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I purchased Corolla on the basis of staunch quality history. Unfortunately, I got nothing but issues. No Kidding! Here they are: Exhaust manifold flange gasket, all 4 power window motors, rear engine main seal, instrument cluster lights went out, inner tie rod, and huge vibration at 65mph. Yes, the car never got me stuck on the road, but I think I'll stick with other more reliable quality vehicles out there.

Awesome
By eddie on 04/16/09 01:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

Had it 3 years with no problems. Just a great reliable car. It shakes a little on the highway, but no maintenance on this baby.

Toyota dependability
By Modameister on 10/13/08 08:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a little over 4 years. I bought it when it had just over 50k miles on it. Now, it has almost 120k miles. I plan on running it for another 100 or 200k. It's a good little car and will probably be around for my kids to drive when they are old enough in another 16 years. My only issues with it are it's not very roomy, I'm 6'8" and don't fit very well, but I fit in here as well as I do in most cars, even bigger cars. The driver's side handle has broken, the ceiling fabric has developed a rip in the rear by the rear window from the driver's side windows being open. The driver's inside handle is broken and the window doesn't roll up. I only get just over 30 mpg. It was 36.

Very reliable car
By AICE on 04/21/07 07:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

It might not be the most powerful car I ever driven, but it has never let me down. The fuel consumption is excellent and the service cost is really low. So far I only needed regular maintenance on this car, nothing major (currently at almost 140k).

It is a great reliable car
By karina rutova on 06/18/06 20:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I had it for six years and had only one problem with it. One of the the automatic window stopped working, but repair was unexpensive. The car in general is very reliable. While having it, I didn't care too much about gas prices going up because it is an economy car. I recommend this car.

Reliable commuter car
By Dave on 03/25/06 06:56 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

Not the flashiest of vehicles, but definately the most reliable car I have driven. I bough my car used with 23k miles on it in '03, and have put about 25k miles a year on it driving between WA and OR states. Not a single problem. Engine power isn't bad, and fuel economy is awesome. I get about 40 mpg on the hwy with my 5 sp manual.

Couldn't Have Done Better
By Kate McIntosh on 08/09/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

This car is fabulous. If you ever want to know what kind of car to buy, all you have to do is ask a car salesman. Well, I sell cars and this is my car. It's comfortable, the gas mileage is incredible and I know that I won't have any major problem because it's a Toyota.