Used 2000 Toyota Corolla CE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Now this is a Toyota
By jjimbo

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I got this car used from my cousin. It had been in two different accidents and was still going strong. This model of Toyota could not be killed. Everything worked, motor sang like a sewing machine and looked very neat and clean. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the inside.

Never let me down
By sylvia713

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I got my 2000 toyota corolla when i was 19 for my first car and i just now (4 years later) got rid of it because it was to small, i have a baby now and the backseat is not very big. Besides the lack of space my corolla was awesome, only thing i ever had to to do was routine maintenance! Awesome first car. If your not worried about space i definitely recommend a corolla cant beat toyota reliability!

Suggested Improvements

More interior space.

Great Car Great Value
By BG

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I'm a college student with a very limited budget so I needed something reliable and at a good price. Since my summer job requires about 800 miles of driving a month in my own car and I drive the 200 miles to see my fiance as much as possible fuel economy was important. Therefore I went with the Corolla. It has been a GREAT decision. With about 28 mpg in the city I was making a decent amount on my gas check. Have had no mechanical problems and previous owner showed me his maintenance record with no abnormal maintenance. It only has a 4 cylinder engine but because of its small size it picks up great. Granted I was used to driving a 97 Chevy Astro and a 92 Pontiac transport but this is sweet!

Favorite Features

MPG, turning radius, reliability, easiness of doing my own oil changes.

Suggested Improvements

Being 6'6" this is not the ideal fit for me, but the MPG, make up for that. Burns about a quart of oil between changes.

I got rid of it!
By Kana

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I purchased Corolla on the basis of staunch quality history. Unfortunately, I got nothing but issues. No Kidding! Here they are: Exhaust manifold flange gasket, all 4 power window motors, rear engine main seal, instrument cluster lights went out, inner tie rod, and huge vibration at 65mph. Yes, the car never got me stuck on the road, but I think I'll stick with other more reliable quality vehicles out there.

Favorite Features

Only gas mileage was good. I should say reliability, but I can't considering the issues I faced.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of components. They don't make 'em like they used to!

Awesome
By eddie

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

Had it 3 years with no problems. Just a great reliable car. It shakes a little on the highway, but no maintenance on this baby.

Favorite Features

reliable

Suggested Improvements

styling