2000 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Slightly disappointed
By jds2805 on 08/31/12 18:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

Perhaps I got a dud but I was disappointed. I kept up all maintanence. But at 194k miles the transmission went out, shocks went out, gasket blew and alternator died. 194k miles for a Toyota is to soon for transmission and engine problems. Especially since the early 90s models are going 250k+ miles with no problems. It did get great gas mileage and maintanence was cheap. I'd still take Toyota over Ford or Dodge any day.

My 2000 Corolla still kicking butt at 151,000 miles
By travis30 on 02/26/12 00:47 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car recently from a Ford dealership of all places(haha!) for 4,300 and although that price may be high, I didn't leave the lot with the car until I comfortable that it was in great running condition. And it was, and still is. Stupid check engine light was on when I bought it, but ignored it. Had autozone check it,P0171 bank 1 fuel mixture too lean(rough idle is all I noticed). So I bought 2 new bosch o2 sensors(pre and post catalytic), a bosch fuel pump, 2 rear Monroe econo matic quik struts, new bosch spark plugs, stp air filter, oil change(bosch oil filter), didn't need anyone of these parts but I got them anyways. Runs perfect, not a single problem. MY FAVORITE CAR.

Now this is a Toyota
By jjimbo on 01/24/12 00:32 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I got this car used from my cousin. It had been in two different accidents and was still going strong. This model of Toyota could not be killed. Everything worked, motor sang like a sewing machine and looked very neat and clean. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the inside.

Never let me down
By sylvia713 on 01/18/12 17:36 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I got my 2000 toyota corolla when i was 19 for my first car and i just now (4 years later) got rid of it because it was to small, i have a baby now and the backseat is not very big. Besides the lack of space my corolla was awesome, only thing i ever had to to do was routine maintenance! Awesome first car. If your not worried about space i definitely recommend a corolla cant beat toyota reliability!

It Just Won't Die
By Huck on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

We've used this car as a daily commuter and grocery getter for over seven years and it still hangs tough. The check engine light stays on for no reason that the mechanic can find, but it still runs well. One day we'll move up to something more modern, but for basic, economical transportation it will still be running around town when today's Dodge Calibers and Nissan Versas are toast. Those who survive the apocalypse will be driving Corollas.

Great Car Great Value
By BG on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I'm a college student with a very limited budget so I needed something reliable and at a good price. Since my summer job requires about 800 miles of driving a month in my own car and I drive the 200 miles to see my fiance as much as possible fuel economy was important. Therefore I went with the Corolla. It has been a GREAT decision. With about 28 mpg in the city I was making a decent amount on my gas check. Have had no mechanical problems and previous owner showed me his maintenance record with no abnormal maintenance. It only has a 4 cylinder engine but because of its small size it picks up great. Granted I was used to driving a 97 Chevy Astro and a 92 Pontiac transport but this is sweet!

Very Economical
By ali on 03/08/10 09:51 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

I have the 2000 VE corolla with the 4sp automatic and I just wanted to day that it's been a wonderful tough car. Drove on deep Canadian snow, hot humid summer days and in heavy thunderstorms and it always got me there. It's been 10 years and 200,000 miles and people say the car specially the interior doesn't look ten years old and it doesn't have the stench that other old cars do. Planning to run it down another 60,000 miles before buying a new corolla. The tranny and engine combo on this car is great and I love the fact that u can disable overdrive, helps u accelerate quickly on highway and when your done turn it back on and u can cruise quietly at 60mph. This Cars ride is really soft too.

Motor went
By Tracy Humphrey on 10/12/09 08:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Our car started burning oil after just 4 years of owning it. We kept taking it back to the dealer with no luck on getting it fixed. We just kept putting oil into it every week. Then the motor went at 212,000. We were shocked. We will never buy another Toyota again after what we went through.

I got rid of it!
By Kana on 07/19/09 06:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I purchased Corolla on the basis of staunch quality history. Unfortunately, I got nothing but issues. No Kidding! Here they are: Exhaust manifold flange gasket, all 4 power window motors, rear engine main seal, instrument cluster lights went out, inner tie rod, and huge vibration at 65mph. Yes, the car never got me stuck on the road, but I think I'll stick with other more reliable quality vehicles out there.

Oil Burner
By Oil Burner on 06/11/09 19:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

This car has 220,000 miles on it and consumes tons of oil. Weekly it will "use" 2 qts. of oil. It doesn't leak, it doesn't smoke... so where does it go? I just refill it and go. This car is stout and handles very well except in the snow. 220,000 miles and it is still strong. I just have to buy stock in an oil distribution company. Nothing beats Toyota!

1 2 3 4 5 next »