1999 Toyota Corolla 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Super Reliable Transportation

1999 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Super Reliable Transportation
By Laptev on

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 99 Corolla LE for 4 years now and am now thinking of trading it in. This car has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Even on -10 degree days it starts up exactly like it was 75 degrees in July - instantly. My biggest complaint is that the car feels like it gets tossed around by bumps a little too easily. But this is probably a result of being a small car more than anything else.

Favorite Features

Engine runs at a low RPM with the 5 speed at highway speeds. Great gas mileage compared to the SUVs I am looking at! My little Corolla gets about 35MPG in mixed driving-39MPG highway. Auto on- off lights are great. 2 sets of skis fit through the passthrough area.

Suggested Improvements

Moonroof should open and close with one button press instead of holding the button down THEN letting go of the button and pressing it again. Cannot load a CD with drink in the drink holders. More clearance in the passthrough area between the trunk and the main car with the seats down.