Used 1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great Reliable Car
By Piilani

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I know that everyone should maintain their car. Well, I haven't. My Toyota Corolla is at 145,000 miles and I have not once had it serviced. Very bad of me, but my Toyota has not failed me once. It is great on gas, and never breaks down. I have had some trouble with the doors and hood opening mechanisms, but after 7 years, SOMETHING should break down, right? I am a huge fan of Toyota. I have owned Volkswagon, Ford, and Dodge vehicles, all of which gave me problems. My next car will be a Toyota (if ever I need one!).

Great on gas. Reliable.

Better door opening mechanisms. My inside and outside handles broke off, as well as the mechanism inside the door freezing up. The mechanism to open the hood also just froze on me, not allowing me to lock the hood completely. A trunk light would be a great added improvement.

Takes a Licking-keeps on ticking
By You Got it TOYota

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We got this little toyota 99 le 4 door from a party that had got it from a salvage yard. At 72k miles it got hit on the pass. quarter panel, trunk, and rear bumper. It was repaired, you can't even tell it was ever in an accident. It drives like a dream, and don't have to tell you that 30+ mpg is excellent these days. So not only is it a great car, but it can take a hit. Esp. since it has side and front air bags in the le model...Go for it, Toyota !!1

gas mileage, looks, sun/moon roof/ air condition.It Has Style

more leg room in rear.

can't go wrong
By loyal_driver

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought mine as a left over in early 2000 -- somebody had returned it with about 2,000 miles logged and traded up. Has nearly all the options except (alas) ABS. It now has close to 80k miles on it and nothing has ever broken. I love this car, and it has convinced me that when the time comes that I have to pry myself away from it, only another Toyota (Lexus/Scion) product will do.

Outstanding reliability, great gas mileage, truly suprising pep and handling for a car in this class/price range.

ABS would be nice to have as a standard feature, and who can say no to more power? But, at this price, those are unfair nitpicks. Note that I am 6'1" and have no issues with room.

Buy One!!
By sbj

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan VE 4dr Sedan

Bought this corolla 1 yr. ago for a daily commuter. It has been an awesome car. I put 25,000 miles on it with no problems. It is comfortable and fun to drive. The car has 100k, and it drives like new, still very tight. I expect to be able to drive this to 300k.

Great mileage, 40 mpg on highway. Very reliable

Better cup holders

Flintstones' vehicle
By Laura

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan VE 4dr Sedan

This bare-bones car runs and runs. Although the styling, road noise, and freeway handling leave a lot to be desired; the fuel economy, peppy street performance, and reliability are excellent.

Red color, cruise control, and reliability.

Increased insulation from road noise, better shocks, cuter styling, headlights that are possible to turn off while the car is on, trunk light, and more engine power.