Used 1999 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great Car
By Great Car

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I have had my car for 5 years now and just bought it at lease-end. I love it. It now has almost 75k miles on it and I have never had to fix anything. I considered buying another car at the end of the lease but I was afraid that not another car would live up to it, so I bought it out instead. This car may not look that exciting but the pick up is exceptional.

low gas mileage/reliability

a CD player would be nice but other than that no complaints

reliable, reliable, reliable
By shane

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

As a college student, what I really want is something that is reliable (read = cheap to maintain), safe, and fuel efficient. The Corolla fits the bill.

These Toyotas are just remarkably reliable. Feed them some oil every 3-5,000 miles, new tires every so often, and it's good to go.

An itty bit more power, I wish mine had a CD player, I wish my seat would go up higher. But I LIKE this car. Much better than a Ford Focus (my last car, which cost me thousands in repairs)

Great Reliable Car
By Piilani

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I know that everyone should maintain their car. Well, I haven't. My Toyota Corolla is at 145,000 miles and I have not once had it serviced. Very bad of me, but my Toyota has not failed me once. It is great on gas, and never breaks down. I have had some trouble with the doors and hood opening mechanisms, but after 7 years, SOMETHING should break down, right? I am a huge fan of Toyota. I have owned Volkswagon, Ford, and Dodge vehicles, all of which gave me problems. My next car will be a Toyota (if ever I need one!).

Great on gas. Reliable.

Better door opening mechanisms. My inside and outside handles broke off, as well as the mechanism inside the door freezing up. The mechanism to open the hood also just froze on me, not allowing me to lock the hood completely. A trunk light would be a great added improvement.

Takes a Licking-keeps on ticking
By You Got it TOYota

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

We got this little toyota 99 le 4 door from a party that had got it from a salvage yard. At 72k miles it got hit on the pass. quarter panel, trunk, and rear bumper. It was repaired, you can't even tell it was ever in an accident. It drives like a dream, and don't have to tell you that 30+ mpg is excellent these days. So not only is it a great car, but it can take a hit. Esp. since it has side and front air bags in the le model...Go for it, Toyota !!1

gas mileage, looks, sun/moon roof/ air condition.It Has Style

more leg room in rear.

can't go wrong
By loyal_driver

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Bought mine as a left over in early 2000 -- somebody had returned it with about 2,000 miles logged and traded up. Has nearly all the options except (alas) ABS. It now has close to 80k miles on it and nothing has ever broken. I love this car, and it has convinced me that when the time comes that I have to pry myself away from it, only another Toyota (Lexus/Scion) product will do.

Outstanding reliability, great gas mileage, truly suprising pep and handling for a car in this class/price range.

ABS would be nice to have as a standard feature, and who can say no to more power? But, at this price, those are unfair nitpicks. Note that I am 6'1" and have no issues with room.