1999 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Reliable commute car
By Bo on 03/28/06 18:40 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

I have put 160K on it,in general its been reliable, no major problems. Its cheap to maintain and will run for long time. I have long commute and like to stay in fast lane all the time, enginee start burning oil when its about 120k, not very bad but the rear is "smoked", its very obvious on a white bumper. Also replaced the front struct at about 130k mile, I took it on to dirt road couple times on camping trips with few hundred pond load. Front hood paint has many large chips due to long hours on the road, steering wheel top portion wore out due to the sweat and sunshine, front windshield replaced due to cracks. Overall I recomand it to commuter who dont push it too hard

Great Car
By Great Car on 03/23/06 21:17 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I have had my car for 5 years now and just bought it at lease-end. I love it. It now has almost 75k miles on it and I have never had to fix anything. I considered buying another car at the end of the lease but I was afraid that not another car would live up to it, so I bought it out instead. This car may not look that exciting but the pick up is exceptional.

reliable, reliable, reliable
By shane on 01/23/06 21:10 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

As a college student, what I really want is something that is reliable (read = cheap to maintain), safe, and fuel efficient. The Corolla fits the bill.

Great Reliable Car
By Piilani on 09/15/05 21:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I know that everyone should maintain their car. Well, I haven't. My Toyota Corolla is at 145,000 miles and I have not once had it serviced. Very bad of me, but my Toyota has not failed me once. It is great on gas, and never breaks down. I have had some trouble with the doors and hood opening mechanisms, but after 7 years, SOMETHING should break down, right? I am a huge fan of Toyota. I have owned Volkswagon, Ford, and Dodge vehicles, all of which gave me problems. My next car will be a Toyota (if ever I need one!).

Takes a Licking-keeps on ticking
By You Got it TOYota on 08/31/05 04:13 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

We got this little toyota 99 le 4 door from a party that had got it from a salvage yard. At 72k miles it got hit on the pass. quarter panel, trunk, and rear bumper. It was repaired, you can't even tell it was ever in an accident. It drives like a dream, and don't have to tell you that 30+ mpg is excellent these days. So not only is it a great car, but it can take a hit. Esp. since it has side and front air bags in the le model...Go for it, Toyota !!1

can't go wrong
By loyal_driver on 07/01/05 01:03 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Bought mine as a left over in early 2000 -- somebody had returned it with about 2,000 miles logged and traded up. Has nearly all the options except (alas) ABS. It now has close to 80k miles on it and nothing has ever broken. I love this car, and it has convinced me that when the time comes that I have to pry myself away from it, only another Toyota (Lexus/Scion) product will do.

Buy One!!
By sbj on 03/30/05 09:48 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

Bought this corolla 1 yr. ago for a daily commuter. It has been an awesome car. I put 25,000 miles on it with no problems. It is comfortable and fun to drive. The car has 100k, and it drives like new, still very tight. I expect to be able to drive this to 300k.

Flintstones' vehicle
By Laura on 03/29/05 04:16 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

This bare-bones car runs and runs. Although the styling, road noise, and freeway handling leave a lot to be desired; the fuel economy, peppy street performance, and reliability are excellent.

Best car I've ever owned
By AWESOME CAR on 12/20/04 16:43 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

My 1999 Corolla just hit 100,000 mles. The only repair I have ever had was a tail light bulb. Clearly, the best car I've ever owned. I drive it everywhere at almost 40 mpg and never have a doubt that it won't get me back home. Thanks Toyota!!

I love my Toyota!
By sfvguy on 11/16/04 17:31 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever had. No problems in 5+ years and 75,000 miles! Would be hard for me to buy anything but a Toyota given the reliability and quality of this car!