1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Never owned such a great car
By eddyman1983 on 05/24/13 16:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year with 200 000 km on it for 900 bucks. Changed the 4 shocks(didn't have to but back end sagged a bit) and changed the oil. Doesn't burn oil still and now has 240 000. I have never seen a car so reliable. car handles great, even better that my accord. Once a honda man, now a toyota man. I'll keep it until i fall through the floor.

I love my Sandpiper!
By taylorruckus on 10/15/12 09:34 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

My great-grandmother bought this car new, and when she passed it went onto my grandmother, and now it's mine. With 265,000 miles on it, this car is so unbelievably reliable! I have never broken down. Its only problems are a leak in the power steering fluid (an $800 fix, but no problem if you just top off the fluid every other week), broken interior lights and weak door handles that break every couple of years. This car is such a ridiculous value if you need something that will get you where you need to go-- and I get at least 29 miles to the gallon, sometimes more.

Best Car in History
By huaiti323 on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $4000 almost 3 years ago. have changed only tires, filters and the serpentine. The a/c is amazing, the MPG are great. The only problems are cosmetic like the center drawer door broke and the interior roof covering is peeling off. I bought it in Florida and recently shipped it to Puerto Rico and it is still unstoppable with 168,000 miles and counting!

Love this car!
By willkeepitforever on 08/21/10 22:53 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

My husbands car has almost 200,000 mi on it and you just can't kill it! It just goes forever if you keep up with oil changes every 3k and proper maint. I just wish they would make it roomier for people up to 5'8" -6' tall. That is truly the only complaint. I am only too happy to get a small economical car that is a good buy! Not to mention tremendous resale value. I spoke to two owners that have sold their 1999 Toyota Corolla's between $2,300.00 - 3,200.00. Just goes to show the public still has confidence in Toyota! I used to be a Honda person, but switched to Toyota after two of my Honda's needed a Transmission at 180,000 mi. - Bye Bye Honda! Just bought two more Toyotas for my family

Outstanding
By Jacob on 07/20/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I received this car from my aunt and uncle when I got my license. Since then, it's been in 2 wrecks (1 major, 1 minor) and it's still going strong. The mpg are amazing. I can get to and from Toledo (about 2 hour drive both ways) with only $20 bucks.

Wow you can't kill it
By n/a on 07/20/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

250,000 miles and never have replaced anything except tires. If you want a car that lasts mechanically this is your car. I am not easy on cars and this one has never left me stranded, whether on long trips or 100 mph for half an hour. Worth its weight in gold.

Best Car
By Altin on 01/26/09 11:12 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I graduated from school and I needed to buy a reliable used car. I chose a Toyota Corolla and I am very happy for it. My car had 97000 km ( 65000 mi) and so far I have done 6000 miles and it is great. The fuel economy and start it is great. We need to use our block heaters in Edmonton, but I didn't have a plug in and one day the temperature was -31 degrees Celsius (-24 F), but no problem, my reliable friend started. It is 10 year old but looks like new, because of superior quality that you find in a Toyota.

Two Thumbs Up and a Smile
By Ody on 12/23/08 20:47 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I was apprehensive when the dealer wanted me to look at my Corolla, always owned a mid-size Ford or GM, after testing it out all I wanted to do was sign on the line, even forgot to haggle the price down. For the first time in years I can't wait to get in the car and drive. It handles good in snow and ice, w/ easy recovery in a slide. The heat and ac are top quality and at 103k miles it's peppy and smooth. Love the drop down seats in the rear to expand the trunk. The cashier at the gas station though I had moved away! ;-) Did I mention the the stock stereo is more than you would ever expect out of this little gem?! Overall, great car for all ages and puts a smile on my face.

Reliable
By Farmer Sue on 12/21/08 17:49 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have just over 175,000 miles on it. The only items I have replaced are the front struts, brakes, tires, and other routine maintenance items. Very reliable.

Pretty good reliable car
By Melissa on 04/05/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I was very much enjoying my little Toyota. It got pretty good gas mileage and didn't need much maintenance. My car was totaled, so I don't get to drive it anymore. I think if you get one low mileage you can drive the wheels off of it! The only complaint is that back seat space is tight.