Used 1999 Toyota Corolla CE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Never owned such a great car
By eddyman1983

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year with 200 000 km on it for 900 bucks. Changed the 4 shocks(didn't have to but back end sagged a bit) and changed the oil. Doesn't burn oil still and now has 240 000. I have never seen a car so reliable. car handles great, even better that my accord. Once a honda man, now a toyota man. I'll keep it until i fall through the floor.

I love my Sandpiper!
By taylorruckus

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

My great-grandmother bought this car new, and when she passed it went onto my grandmother, and now it's mine. With 265,000 miles on it, this car is so unbelievably reliable! I have never broken down. Its only problems are a leak in the power steering fluid (an $800 fix, but no problem if you just top off the fluid every other week), broken interior lights and weak door handles that break every couple of years. This car is such a ridiculous value if you need something that will get you where you need to go-- and I get at least 29 miles to the gallon, sometimes more.

Favorite Features

This car is durable, and did I mention reliable?! Of course, it's a '99, it doesn't have any fancy features, but it has everything you need.

Suggested Improvements

The ceiling is pretty low if you're tall-- and the ceiling liner is starting to come down, my boyfriend is only 5'8" and it rubs on his head.

Best Car in History
By huaiti323

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $4000 almost 3 years ago. have changed only tires, filters and the serpentine. The a/c is amazing, the MPG are great. The only problems are cosmetic like the center drawer door broke and the interior roof covering is peeling off. I bought it in Florida and recently shipped it to Puerto Rico and it is still unstoppable with 168,000 miles and counting!

Favorite Features

MPG, reliability and the A/C

Suggested Improvements

Nothing but the interios ceiling thing!!!

Love this car!
By willkeepitforever

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

My husbands car has almost 200,000 mi on it and you just can't kill it! It just goes forever if you keep up with oil changes every 3k and proper maint. I just wish they would make it roomier for people up to 5'8" -6' tall. That is truly the only complaint. I am only too happy to get a small economical car that is a good buy! Not to mention tremendous resale value. I spoke to two owners that have sold their 1999 Toyota Corolla's between $2,300.00 - 3,200.00. Just goes to show the public still has confidence in Toyota! I used to be a Honda person, but switched to Toyota after two of my Honda's needed a Transmission at 180,000 mi. - Bye Bye Honda! Just bought two more Toyotas for my family

Favorite Features

Excellent factory installed stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more leg room.

Outstanding
By Jacob

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I received this car from my aunt and uncle when I got my license. Since then, it's been in 2 wrecks (1 major, 1 minor) and it's still going strong. The mpg are amazing. I can get to and from Toledo (about 2 hour drive both ways) with only $20 bucks.

Favorite Features

Mpg, great in snow, handles nice, durability

Suggested Improvements

More room in the back seat, real sized spare tire(not that doughnut thing, not good if you get a flat), taller middle compartment