1998 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: toyota reliable...not the case

1998 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

toyota reliable...not the case here
By whyd I buy it on

1998 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my corolla new in 1998. I've had nothing but problems with it. I only have 82000 miles and I've had to replace the starter, water pump, battery 3 times, struts twice, front brake pads at least 6 times, rotors 3 times, new calipers, rear brakes twice, tires every two years, poor front suspension, don't feel in control of car. Burns oil (a quart every 600 miles appx) The headliner is disentegrating and the interior plastic around the doors is brittle and falling apart. Airbag light constantly flashes and rear seat very uncomfortable (bottoms out). Bought Toyota thinking I'd have it for a long time. NOT! My Hyundai didn't give me this much trouble. Worst car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

I suppose the mileage is the best thing I can say about it (which my mileage isn't even as good as I thought it would be).

Suggested Improvements

I don't know, obviously other people haven't had the problems I've had. Maybe I got a lemon (but doesn't fit the legal lemon definition). Definitely the front end and interior. Very uncomfortable car, especially the back seat.