1998 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Not Toyota's Best

1998 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

Not Toyota's Best
By Jon H on

1998 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I dont know what everyone is talking about. I have had my car for 3 years. I bought it used in 2002 w/ about 68,000 miles. And the list of problems start 3 days after I bought it. I don't know if I got the runt or what. But this car is crap. Seats are hard, uncomfortable for drives longer then 20 mins. I had to have a new engine put in it just about 100,000 miles. Only good thing I can say, is I'm glad I bought the extended warantee. Which just went up @ 104K, and now it needs new seals.... just lovely. I bought this car expecting so much. And I must say it has let me down. I honestly wish I had just kept my '98 Dodge neon. Yes you heard me.................

Favorite Features

Power is decent, it has a nice suspension. Handles the curves. Shifts pretty nice, just wish gearing was a lil better.

Suggested Improvements

no need to suggest, Toyota has completely redesigned this car for 2002+. I must say, so far much better job. I have driven a few as rentals, since mine has been alway in and out of the shop. And every thing seems to be much more like toyota you would expect.